Talk:Roger II of Sicily
|Roger II of Sicily has been listed as a level-4 vital article in People. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as B-Class.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
This article says next to nothing of his first 25 years of rule. Srnec 03:00, 3 April 2006 (UTC)
Does anybody have a public domain picture of this? Srnec 05:08, 21 October 2006 (UTC) The Coronation mantle pictured is from a 1893 artists rendering and is not the actual mantle. Which makes you guys look like a cheesy pretend encyclopedia. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Charanga1940 (talk • contribs) 12:54, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
A somewhat dubious sounding establishment - possibly even a hoax. Their website has four pages - all in Italian and not telling you anything of value. I've deleted the article about it as it was a direct translation of the website's words - copyvio, in other words. Not a lot on Google except mirrors of the same text. Peridon (talk) 15:11, 5 September 2012 (UTC)
- I've taken it out - if anyone finds it's real, reputable and rightfully here please let me know. Peridon (talk) 17:43, 8 September 2012 (UTC)
Roger II or Roger I?
Right now, Roger is listed as King Roger II of Sicily, but his father, Roger I, was only Count of Sicily. Shouldn't this Roger be listed as King Roger I of Sicily and Count Roger II of Sicily? There's something similar with the Kings of Armenian Cilicia. Take, for example, the first king, Leo. He was the tenth lord of Armenian Cilicia and the second one to have the name Leo, but he was the first King to bear the name Leo, so he's listed as both Leo II and Leo I. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 21:15, 20 November 2015 (UTC)
- Who told you he was Sicilian? Or that the name is German? Surtsicna (talk) 11:09, 21 February 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Roger II of Sicily. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060822161507/http://www.paradoxplace.com/Perspectives/Sicily%20%26%20S%20Italy/Montages/Sicily/Palermo/Palermo%20%26%20First%20Normans.htm to http://www.paradoxplace.com/Perspectives/Sicily%20%26%20S%20Italy/Montages/Sicily/Palermo/Palermo%20%26%20First%20Normans.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.