|Founded||June 28, 1994|
|Headquarters||Maxis Tower, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Yeoh Oon Lai(CEO)|
|Products||Cinemas, Film distribution|
TGV Cinemas Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Tanjong Golden Village) is the second largest cinema chain in Malaysia. As of March 2018, TGV Cinemas has 34 multiplexes with 268 screens and more than 45,000 seats. TGV Cinemas is headquartered at Maxis Tower, Kuala Lumpur.
TGV Cinemas a wholly owned subsidiary of Tanjong Public Limited Company. Since inception in 1995, TGV Cinemas has grown to become one of Malaysia’s premier film exhibition companies and established its name as a pioneer of cinema industry and owner of premier multiplexes in Malaysia.
TGV Cinemas has refurbished some of our flagship locations to give it a fresh look, mainly to adopt a more welcoming, vibrant, contemporary ambiance. Some of the cinema halls were redesigned and renovated to maximise the space. Aside from the facelift, TGV Cinemas is 100% digital. Cinema-goers can enjoy unmatched brightness, sharpness and superior images in high definition contents such as films, documentaries and other alternative content in superior quality.
TGV Cinemas caters to a wide variety of audience:
1) IMAX - Through TGV Cinemas' exclusive partnership with IMAX Corporation®, they have introduced a truly immersive cinematic experience, allowing movie-goers to enjoy movies like never before. Boasting crystal clear images coupled with massive screens and impeccable digital sound system, IMAX delivers its promise of creating a unique environment for an unparalleled cinematic experience.
2) INDULGE - Exclusively in TGV Cinemas One Utama & Sunway Velocity, INDULGE is designed to house exclusive cinema halls fitted with luxurious seating, comforter blankets, and in-hall service with tablet ordering features.
3) Beanie - Malaysia’s first innovative concept cinema, which features colourful bed size beanbags (as opposed to seats or bed).
4) LUXE - Spacious and comfortable seats with wider leg room and added plush twin seats equipped with privacy wings for those who value their space.
5) Chill*X Diner - An extension of the Candy Bar, Chill*X Diner offers a variety of hot foods for individuals and families, ranging from burgers to wraps. All food and beverages purchased at Chill*X Diner can be brought into TGV Cinemas halls.
List of TGV Cinemas locations
TGV currently has 36 locations in Malaysia: 32 in Peninsular Malaysia and 2 in Sarawak.
|Cinema||Screens/Halls||Seats||Location||Opening Year||Digital Hall||Beanieplex||Cantina||IMAX||LUXE||4DX|
|1Utama||10||1671||Petaling Jaya||1995 (Reopened in December 2012 during Christmas)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|ÆON Bukit Raja Shopping Centre||8||1428||Klang||1995||✓|
|Sunway Pyramid||11||1634||Petaling Jaya||1997||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|ÆON Kinta City Shopping Centre||6||1176||Ipoh||1997||✓|
|The Mines||5||1024||Seri Kembangan||1997||✓|
|Suria KLCC||12||2459||Kuala Lumpur||1998||✓||✓|
|ÆON Seremban 2 Shopping Centre||7||1204||Seremban||2005||✓|
|ÆON Tebrau City Shopping Centre||10||1999||Johor Bahru||2006||✓||✓||✓|
|ÆON Metro Prima Shopping Centre||6||1342||Kuala Lumpur||2007||✓|
|ÆON Cheras Selatan Shopping Centre||8||1333||Balakong||2007||✓|
|ÆON Bukit Tinggi||10||1925||Klang||2008||✓|
|Wangsa Walk Mall||9||1628||Kuala Lumpur||2010||✓|
|ÆON Rawang Shopping Centre||8||1301||Rawang||2012||✓|
|ÆON Bukit Indah||9||1628||Johor Bahru||2012||✓||✓||✓|
|ÆON Ipoh Station 18 Shopping Centre||8||1610||Ipoh||2012||✓|
|Encorp Strand Mall||8||1054||Petaling Jaya||2014||✓||✓|
|Permaisuri Imperial City Mall||8||1260||Miri||2014||✓||✓|
|AEON Seri Manjung||7||1210||Manjung||2014||✓|
|Sunway Putra Mall||6||1057||Kuala Lumpur||2015||✓||✓|
|AEON AU2 Setiawangsa||6||1266||Setiawangsa||2015||✓|
|ÆON Bukit Mertajam||5||1089||Bukit Mertajam||2015||✓|
|Sunway Velocity Mall||9||1638||Cheras||2016||✓||✓||✓|
|IFC Shopping Centre||12||1530||Cheras||2005 (Reopening in Summer 2018)||⎷||⎷||⎷||⎷||⎷|
|Central I City Shopping Centre||12||1526||Klang||2019||⎷||⎷||⎷||⎷||⎷|
|IPC Shopping Centre||11||1213||Petaling Jaya||Q3 2019||⎷||#||⎷||⎷|
|Toppen Shopping Centre||13||1630||Johor Bahru||2019||⎷||⎷||⎷||⎷||⎷||⎷|
TGV Cinema in Suria KLCC