Wilson with the New England Patriots
|No. 32 Detroit Lions|
|Date of birth:||March 19, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Washington, D.C.|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||Washington (DC) Woodson|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 48|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Tavon Wilson (born March 19, 1990) is an American football safety for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at the University of Illinois. He was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round of the 2012 NFL Draft.
Wilson started the last 38 games of his collegiate career, spanning his sophomore, junior, and senior seasons. In 2011, he was named the team's outstanding defensive back at the annual postseason banquet.
- Honorable Mention All-Big Ten (2010 & 2011)
- Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week (10/10/11)
- CFPA National Defensive Performer and DB of the Week (10/10/11)
- Big Ten Sportsmanship Honoree (2010)
New England Patriots
Considered a versatile athlete who can play both cornerback and safety, Wilson was drafted in the second round by the New England Patriots in the 2012 NFL Draft. He recorded his first interception on Jake Locker during the opening game of the 2012 NFL season. Wilson finished the 2012 season with 41 total tackles (28 solo, 13 assisted) and four interceptions for 87 interception return yards. In Week 16 of the 2013 season, Wilson scored his first career touchdown off a 74-yard interception return against Tyrod Taylor of the Baltimore Ravens. He finished the 2013 season having played in 13 games with 3 tackles, 1 interception, and 1 touchdown. During the 2014 season Wilson won Super Bowl XLIX as a member of the New England Patriots. During the 2015 season, he appeared in nine games for the Patriots and finished the season with 10 tackles (eight solo), one pass defense, and one special teams tackle.
- "Lions sign unrestricted free agent S Tavon Wilson". Detroit Lions. March 10, 2016. Retrieved March 10, 2016.
- Rothstein, Michael (March 10, 2016). "Analyzing the Lions contracts of Marvin Jones, Haloti Ngata, Tavon Wilson". ESPN. Retrieved March 10, 2016.