Fleming in the 2015 NFL season.
|No. 71 New England Patriots|
|Date of birth:||September 3, 1992|
|Place of birth:||Fort Hood, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||320 lb (145 kg)|
|High school:||Houston (TX) Cypress Creek|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 4 / Pick: 140|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Cameron Jarrod Fleming (born September 3, 1992) is an American football offensive tackle for the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Patriots in the fourth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Stanford.
Fleming attended Stanford University from 2010 to 2013, but was redshirted in his freshman year in 2010. He became a freshman All-American as a redshirt freshman in 2011. He was an all-Pac-12 honorable mention in his sophomore season. As a junior, Fleming made the All-Pac-12 second team. He decided to forgo his senior season and enter the NFL Draft. He started 39 games at right tackle during his career. He entered the 2014 NFL Draft after his junior season.
Fleming was drafted in the fourth round of the 2014 NFL Draft by the New England Patriots. Fleming appeared in nine games in the 2014 season including the playoffs and won Super Bowl XLIX with the New England Patriots.
Fleming was a surprise cut by the Patriots at the end of the 2015 preseason but was signed to the Patriots' practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster on October 16, 2015, after starting left tackle Nate Solder was placed on season-ending injured reserve with a torn biceps.
In 2016, Fleming played in all 16 regular-season games with five starts mainly as a reserve tackle and reporting as an extra blocker. The Patriots won 14 games and reached Super Bowl LI. The Patriots trailed 28-3 in the third quarter, but rallied all the way back to win the game 34-28 against the Atlanta Falcons which featured the first overtime game in Super Bowl history and the largest comeback in the Super Bowl.
- Cameron Fleming - Yahoo Sports
- NFL combine: Tackle Cameron Fleming hopes to continue Stanford tradition
- Draft Pool to Include Fleming
- Stanford OL Cameron Fleming to enter 2014 NFL Draft
- "Patriots claim DT Khyri Thornton off waivers from Green Bay; Release OL Cameron Fleming". Patriots.com. September 6, 2015. Retrieved March 5, 2017.
- "Patriots sign OL Cameron Fleming to the practice squad; Release DL Xzavier Dickson from the practice squad". Patriots.com. September 8, 2015. Retrieved March 5, 2017.
- Shane, Alec (October 16, 2015). "Patriots Promote OL Cameron Fleming". PatsPulpit.com. Retrieved March 5, 2017.
- Wesseling, Chris. "New England Patriots win Super Bowl LI". NFL. Retrieved February 5, 2017.