|Directed by||Amit Ravindernath Sharma|
|Produced by||Boney Kapoor |
|Written by||Shantanu Srivastava|
|Screenplay by||Amit Sharma|
|Edited by||narayan detha nimbla|
Sanjay Kapoor Entertainment Pvt.Ltd
|Distributed by||Eros International|
|Budget||₹40 crore (US$5.6 million)|
|Box office||est. ₹56 crore (US$7.8 million)|
Tevar (English: Attitude) is a 2015 Indian action film directed by Amit Sharma and written by Gunasekhar. The film stars Arjun Kapoor and Sonakshi Sinha and in lead roles while Manoj Bajpayee also plays a crucial role. It is an official remake of Telugu film Okkadu (2003). Shruti Haasan made a special appearance in the song "Madamiyan".
Ghanshyam "Pintoo" Shukla (Arjun Kapoor) is a young Kabbadi player who goes to factionism-hit Mathura to take part in practice. There, in a twist of fate, he saves a civilian, Radhika Mishra (Sonakshi Sinha) from a goon, Gajendar Singh (Manoj Bajpayee), a dangerous faction leader, who is in love with Radhika and wants to marry her against her wishes. Pintoo tries to comfort her because Gajendar Singh killed her brother Mahesh (Mahendra Mewati). When he saves Radhika, he humiliates Gajendar into taking his pants off. Ganjendar refuses to put them back on until someone finds Radhika and brings her back. Pintoo helps Radhika escape and takes her to his house in Agra, hiding her in his room with the help of his sister, Pinky (Gunjan Malhotra).
Soon, his parents find out she is hiding in their house. Radhika and Pintoo run away again and she falls in love with him. The next day, after taking care of Gajendar and his men, Pintoo and his friends drop Radhika off at the airport to go to America. Radhika cries on the way there, not wanting to leave Pintoo. They bring her parents to see her one last time before she leaves. After Radhika is past airport security, Pintoo realizes he loves Radhika. She shows up behind him, saying that she was waiting for him to stop her. She turns to leave when Pintoo is silent, taking it as a refusal, but Pintoo calls her back, and they confirm their love with a hug.
Pintoo's police chief father, SP Ravikant Shukla (Raj Babbar) and Gajendar show up at the airport, and Ravikant arrests him while Gajendar takes Radhika away. While under Gajendar's jurisdiction, Radhika taunts him and claims that Pintoo will definitely return for her. Gajendar goes to the jail and asks Pintoo to come with him. Here, Pintoo and Ravikant solve their relationship, when Ravikant expresses that he's not worried Pintoo will come home hurt; rather, he's worried for Gajendar.
Gajendar and his men get Pintoo injured in front of the whole town. Home Minister Mahender Singh (Rajesh Sharma), who is the reason Gajendar has not gotten in trouble all this time, tells him to stop making a scene, as he's ruining his political party, but Gajendar slaps Mahender and goes on to fight Pintoo. He is further enraged when he sees how much Radhika loves Pintoo, and stabs him with a knife. Pintoo falls to the ground. Radhika tries to run to him, crying his name, but Gajendar drags her away. Pintoo is able to get up again, picking up the scarf that Radhika dropped. He ties it around his waist where the knife wound is, and fights and defeats Gajender's men. He also defeats Gajender until Gajendar gets back up with a gun. However, he is shot down by Kakdi (Subrat Dutta), his own right-hand man on the instructions of Mahender who has had enough of Gajender's antics and insubordination and it is implied that Kakdi has now been appointed as Gajender's replacement. With Gajender dead, his goons have no interest in Pintoo and Radhika who are now reunited.
- Arjun Kapoor as Ghanshyam "Pintoo" Shukla
- Sonakshi Sinha as Radhika Mishra
- Manoj Bajpayee as Gajendar Singh
- Gunjan Malhotra as Pinky
- Rajesh Sharma as Home Minister Mahender Singh
- Subrat Dutta as Kakdi
- Raj Babbar as SP Ravikant Shukla
- Deepti Naval as Pintoo's Mother
- Mahendra Mewati as Mahesh Mishra (Radhika's brother)
- Bhuvan Arora as Ghonsla (Pintoo's Friend)
- Tushar Pandey as Bhatura (Pintoo's Friend)
- VK Sharma as Radhika's Father
- Bhagwan Tiwari as Jagdish Chaudhary
- Shruti Haasan (special appearance in the song "Madamiyan")
In November 2013, it was reported that Arjun Kapoor and Sonakshi Sinha had joined an upcoming untitled film that was being produced by Boney Kapoor. On 10 December 2013, the film was titled Tevar and it was revealed that Kapoor will play the role of a college student from Agra, who is a Kabaddi champion. On 17 December 2013 it was announced that Sanjay Kapoor will be producing the film, and that Amit Sharma will be making his directorial debut. Manoj Bajpayee also joined the film on 30 December.
The shooting of the film began on 21 January 2014 at Sambhar Lake in Jaipur, Rajasthan. The film's shooting continued in different locations including Mumbai, Maheshwar, Agra, Mathura, Pandharpur at river side of Chandrabhaga and also in Haridas ves in Pandharpur (solapur, Maharashtra) Akluj (Solapur, Maharashtra) (khargone, Madhya Pradesh).
Remakes & character map
|(Mahesh Babu)||(Vijay)||(Puneeth Rajkumar)||(Jeetendra Madnani)||(Arjun Kapoor)||(Sabyasachi Mishra)|
|(Bhumika Chawla)||(Trisha Krishnan)||(Anuradha Mehta)||(Barsha Priyadarshini)||(Sonakshi Sinha)||(Archita Sahu)|
|(Prakash Raj)||(Subrat Dutta)||(Manoj Bajpai)||(Chandan Mishra)|
|(Mukesh Rishi)||(Ashish Vidyarthi)||(Nassar)||(Deepankar De)||(Raj Babbar)||(Sidhanta Mohapatra)|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||10 December 2014|
|Genre||Feature Film Soundtrack|
|Imran Khan chronology|
The soundtrack was composed by duo Sajid-Wajid. Pakistani-Dutch singer Imran Khan made his Bollywood debut with this film. The lyrics were written by Kausar Munir, Danish Sabri, Sajid and Imran Khan. Prior to the soundtrack's full release, "Superman" was released as the lead single, followed by "Let's Celebrate"..
|1.||"Superman"||Kausar Munir, Danish Sabri, Sajid||Sajid-Wajid||Wajid||04:37|
|2.||"Radha Nachegi"||Kausar Munir, Danish Sabri||Sajid-Wajid||Ritu Pathak, Shabab Sabri, Danish Sabri||06:32|
|3.||"Let's Celebrate"||Imran Khan||Imran Khan||Imran Khan||03:17|
|4.||"Joganiyan"||Kausar Munir||Sajid-Wajid||Shruti Haasan|
|5.||"Madamiyan"||Kausar Munir||Sajid-Wajid||Mika Singh, Mamta Sharma|
|6.||"Main Ni Jaana Pardes"||Kausar Munir||Sajid-Wajid||Shafqat Amanat Ali|
|7.||"Superman (Remix)"||Kausar Munir, Danish Sabri, Sajid||Sajid-Wajid||Mika Singh|
|8.||"Tevariffic (Mashup)"||Kausar Munir, Danish Sabri, Sajid||Sajid-Wajid||Arjun Kapoor, Wajid, Ritu Pathak, Shabab Sabri, Danish Sabri, Imran Khan, Shruti Haasan, Mika Singh, Mamta Sharma, Shafqat Amanat Ali|
Tevar was rated low by most critics. Raja Sen of Rediff rated the film 1 and wrote, "And since one can’t, in all good conscience, let anyone stray into Gangs Of Jockeypur, consider yourselves warned. Stay away" Saurabh Dwivedi of India Today said, "The film becomes a watch because of its power packed dialogues written by Shantanu Shrivastava."
- Gera, Sonal (13 January 2015). "'Tevar' collects only Rs 22.15 cr in the first weekend". Indian Express.
- "Top Worldwide Grossers 2015". Box Office India. 12 March 2015. Archived from the original on 15 March 2015. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "Shruti Haasan shakes her booty for item song in Tevar"
- "Tevar: 1st Monday Box Office Collections". Koimoi. 13 January 2015
- Tevar. boxofficeindia.com
- "Arjun Kapoor to play a kabaddi champ in next film 'Tevar'". indianexpress.com. 10 December 2013. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "Arjun Kapoors Tevar to be produced by Sanjay Kapoor". bollywoodhungama.com. 17 December 2013. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "Manoj Bajpayee As Villain In Arjun Kapoor Starrer 'TEVAR'". boxofficecapsule.com. 30 December 2013. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "Manoj Bajpayee to act in Tevar". bollywoodhungama.com. 2 January 2014. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- Divya Goyal (21 January 2014). "Sonakshi Sinha starts shooting for 'Tevar' with Arjun Kapoor". indianexpress.com. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "Tevar (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes.
- "Movie Details – Tevar".
- "Review: Tevar is a tiring watch". Rediff. 9 January 2015.
- Saurabh Dwivedi (9 January 2015) "Tevar review: Weak story covered up with power packed dialogues". intoday.in.