The Tarzan/Lone Ranger Adventure Hour
|The Tarzan/Lone Ranger Adventure Hour|
The Tarzan & Lone Ranger Adventure Hour
|Also known as||The Tarzan/Lone Ranger/Zorro Adventure Hour|
|Written by||Arthur Browne Jr.
George W. Trendle
|Theme music composer||Ray Ellis
|Country of origin||United States|
Hector C. Gika
|Running time||60 min.|
|Original release||September 13, 1980– 1982|
|Preceded by||Tarzan and the Super 7|
The series consisted of reruns of Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle paired with new episodes of Filmation's versions of The Lone Ranger and, in the second season, The New Adventures of Zorro — at which point the series was retitled The Tarzan / Lone Ranger / Zorro Adventure Hour. The series ran from 1980 to 1982.
Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle (1980–1982)
- Robert Ridgely as Tarzan
The Lone Ranger (1980–1982)
- 14 episodes, each consisting of two 15-minute shorts.
- William Conrad as The Lone Ranger (credited as "J. Darnoc", Conrad spelled backwards)
- Ivan Naranjo as Tonto
- Frank Welker as various characters (uncredited)
The New Adventures of Zorro (1981–1982)
- Henry Darrow as Zorro / Don Diego de la Vega
- Julio Medina as Miguel
- Eric Mason as Captain Ramon
- Don Diamond as Sergeant Gonzales
BCI Eclipse released The Lone Ranger (which was formerly owned by Entertainment Rights and was later acquired by Classic Media, then it was bought by DreamWorks Animation in 2012 and renamed into DreamWorks Classics and ultimately become the property of Universal Studios as of 2016) and The New Adventures of Zorro on DVD. However, the rights to the Tarzan property rest with the estate of Edgar Rice Burroughs, and as such, their authorization is needed for the series to be released. The sets are now out of print, following BCI Eclipse's bankruptcy and as of August 2012, there are currently no plans for any re-release and the BCI Eclipse sets could now fetch collector's prices if they are found online.
- The New Adventures of The Lone Ranger and Zorro Volume One (December 18, 2007)
- The New Adventures of The Lone Ranger and Zorro Volume Two (July 15, 2008)