Thornbury railway station, Melbourne
Southbound view from Platform 2 in December 2013
|Location||Ethel Street, Thornbury
|Distance||10.62 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 1|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||8 October 1889|
During October 1987, the double line block system between Thornbury - Northcote was abolished, and replaced with three positioning signalling, with all two position signals between Thornbury and Merri also abolished.
Platforms & services
Yarra Trams operates two routes via Thornbury station:
- 11: West Preston – Victoria Harbour (Docklands)
- 86: Bundoora RMIT – Waterfront City (Docklands)
- Thornbury Vicsig
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. January 1988. p. 27.
- "Northcote to Epping 1987". MetRail Signalling Diagram No 39’87. www.signaldiagramsandphotos.com. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "Northcote to Reservoir 1988". The Met Signalling Diagram No 17’88. www.signaldiagramsandphotos.com. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- South Morang Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 11 West Preston - Victoria Harbour Docklands timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 86 Bundoora RMIT - Waterfront City Docklands timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Melway map at street-directory.com.au