Thuringowa Central, Queensland
|Population||2,023 (2016 census)|
|• Density||1,012/km2 (2,620/sq mi)|
|Area||2.0 km2 (0.8 sq mi)|
|LGA(s)||City of Townsville|
Shaped like an inverted letter "T", Thuringowa Central consists of residential housing in the north, commercial building in the centre and south-west, and recreational areas along the Ross River in the south-east.
When Thuringowa was a city most visitors did not know the location of the city's centre, so in 2004 the Thuringowa city Mayor developed the city centre masterplan to complement the Riverway project.
The Thuringowa Central library opened in 1986 and underwent a major refurbishment in 2016.
Thuringowa Central is the location of the headquarters public library for CityLibraries Townsville and is situated at 86 Thuringowa Drivel. Services offered include community meeting rooms and free public wifi. Access to the Library collections, services and events can be found on the CityLibraries Townsville website.
- "Thuringowa Central - suburb in City of Townsville (entry 45229)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Thuringowa Central (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Public Libraries Statistical Bulletin 2016-17" (PDF). Public Libraries Connect. State Library of Queensland. November 2017. p. 16. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- "Public Libraries Connect Directory of Public Libraries". Public Libraries Connect. 10 April 2014. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "Queensland Public Libraries Statistical Bulletin 2016-17" (PDF). Public Libraries Connect. November 2017. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "City Libraries Townsville". City Libraries Townsville. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- Thuringowa city centre masterplan
- "Thuringowa". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland. Retrieved 12 April 2018.