From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Original author(s)||Guus Sliepen, Ivo Timmermans, Wessel Dankers|
|Developer(s)||The Tinc development team|
|Initial release||14 November 1998|
1.0.28 / 10 April 2016
1.1pre14 / 1 May 2016
|Written in||C (programming language)|
|Operating system||Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, DragonFly BSD, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, Solaris|
Tinc is an open-source, self-routing, mesh networking protocol, used for compressed, encrypted, virtual private networks. It was started in 1998 by Guus Sliepen, Ivo Timmermans, and Wessel Dankers, and released as a GPL-licensed project.
Supported network transports
Projects that use tinc
- Freifunk: tinc was enabled in their routers as of October 2006 .
- OpenWrt has an installable package for tinc.
- pfSense has an installable package in the 2.2 release 
- Tomato has tinc support included in the Shibby mod.
- Debian GNU/Linux tinc dhcp bridging setup
- "Quick & Dirty TINC setup"
- Gentoo Linux tinc setup
|This computer networking article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|