Travel Service (airline)
|Operating bases||Václav Havel Airport Prague|
|Headquarters||Prague, Czech Republic|
Travel Service, a.s. is a Czech charter airline and the biggest airline in the Czech Republic, with its head office on the property of Václav Havel Airport Prague in Ruzyně, 6th district, Prague. It operates charter flights, mainly to leisure destinations, and also wet and dry leases aircraft to other airlines. It operates scheduled flights under the lowcost brand SmartWings, owns 98 % of Czech Airlines, and has subsidiaries in Poland, Hungary and Slovakia.
In 2007, the company carried 2.2 million passengers, one year later about 2.3 million passengers. In 2014, it carried 4.3 million passengers, about 1.2 of them on regular flights under the brand name SmartWings.
On 18 September 2007, the Icelandair Group acquired 50% stake in the carrier and purchased further shares to bring its holding to 80% by April 2008. In December 2008 it reduced its holding to 66% by selling shares to the other shareholders, Unimex. In 2009 their stake was further diluted to 50.1% through a new share issue, and they also sold a portion of their stake to fellow owners reducing their holding to 30% In 2009 Icelandair spun its 30% stake in Travel Service into a new company, that was the taken over by Icelandair's creditors.
|Net profit after tax||(25)||15||156||4||212|
|Boeing 737-700||2||—||–||148||148||Both in SmartWings livery|
|Boeing 737-800||38||—||18||150||168||Twenty-eight in SmartWings livery|
One in Moravian-Silesian Region livery
|Boeing 737 MAX 8||5||34||–||189||189||in SmartWings livery|
Business jet fleet
|Cessna Citation Sovereign||3||—||9|
|Cessna Citation Sovereign+||1||—||9|
|Cessna Citation Longitude||—||1||9||Delivery in 2018|
- Airbus A320-200
- Boeing 737-400
- Boeing 737-500
- Boeing 757-200
- Boeing 767-300ER
- Tupolev Tu-154M
- "IATA - Airline and Airport Code Search". iata.org. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- "Výpis z obchodního rejstříku - Travel Service, a.s." (in Czech). Ministry of Justice of the Czech Republic.
- "Travel Service Contacts". Travel Service, a.s.
- "SmartWings Contact". smartwings.com.
- "Travel Service hlásí za loňský rok skoro o pětinu víc cestujících" (in Czech). Novinky.cz. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- Annual Report of Travel Service 2007
- "Icelandair Group signs LOI to acquire Czech airline operator Travel Service". Air Transport World. Retrieved 13 May 2007.
- "Icelandair Group hf. Prospectus - October 2010" (PDF). euroinvestor.dk.
- "Icelandair Group sells 20% of its share in the Czech airline Travel Service". euroinvestor.dk. Retrieved 26 November 2009.
- "Chinese-backed firm Travel Service to take over Czech Airlines". Reuters. 6 November 2017. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/60187-czech-airlines-has-new-owner-as-travel-service-ups-stake Travel Service Rebrand]
- "Travel Service mění nátěr letadel. Místo červené bude oranžová a logo SmartWings". Zdopravy.cz (in Czech). 2018-03-16. Retrieved 2018-03-31.
- "CAA Czech Republic".
- Travel Service Fleet retrieved 8 July 2016
- "Global Airline Guide 2017 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2017): 13.
- "iDnes". idnes.cz. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- "Business jet". Travel Service. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- "Travel Service rozšíří flotilu business jetů, první v Evropě kupuje novou Cessnu". E15.cz (in Czech). Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "Travel Service objednal letoun Cessna Citation Longitude" [Travel Service orders Cessna Citation Longitude]. planes.cz (in Czech). 24 October 2016. Retrieved 26 October 2016.