Travel Service (airline)
|Founded||28 April 1998|
|Operating bases||Václav Havel Airport Prague|
|Headquarters||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Key people||Jiří Šimáně
Travel Service, a.s. is an airline with its head office on the property of Václav Havel Airport Prague in Ruzyně, 6th district, Prague, Czech Republic. It operates charter flights and also wet and dry leases aircraft to other airlines. It has subsidiaries in Poland, Hungary and Slovakia. It also operates scheduled flights under the brand name SmartWings.
In 2007, the company carried 2.2 million passengers, one year later about 2.3 million passengers. In 2014, it carried 4.3 million passengers, about 1.2 of them on regular flights under the brand name SmartWings.
On 18 September 2007, the Icelandair Group acquired 50% stake in the carrier and purchased further shares to bring its holding to 80% by April 2008. In December 2008 it reduced its holding to 66% by selling shares to the other shareholders, Unimex. In 2009 their stake was further diluted to 50.1% through a new share issue, and they also sold a portion of their stake to fellow owners reducing their holding to 30% In 2009 Icelandair spun its 30% stake in Travel Service into a new company, that was the taken over by Icelandair's creditors.
|Net profit after tax||(25)||15||156||4||212|
|Boeing 737 MAX||0||3||TBA|
|Cessna Citation Sovereign||3||0||9|
- "IATA - Airline and Airport Code Search". iata.org. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- "Výpis z obchodního rejstříku - Travel Service, a.s." (in Czech). Ministry of Justice of the Czech Republic.
- "Travel Service Fleet Details and History". planespotters.net. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "SmartWings Fleet Details and History". planespotters.net. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Jiří Šimáně: Zisk tvoříme v zahraničí, český trh je deformovaný". euro.e15.cz. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Travel Service Contacts". Travel Service, a.s.
- "SmartWings Contact". smartwings.com.
- "Travel Service hlásí za loňský rok skoro o pětinu víc cestujících" (in Czech). Novinky.cz. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- Annual Report of Travel Service 2007
- "Icelandair Group signs LOI to acquire Czech airline operator Travel Service". Air Transport World. Retrieved 13 May 2007.
- "Icelandair Group hf. Prospectus - October 2010" (PDF). euroinvestor.dk.
- "Icelandair Group sells 20% of its share in the Czech airline Travel Service". euroinvestor.dk. Retrieved 26 November 2009.
- Travel Service Fleet
- "OK-TSI". planes.cz. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- "Boeing: Commercial". boeing.com. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
Media related to Travel Service at Wikimedia Commons