UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica
|UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center|
|Location||Santa Monica, California, United States|
|Care system||Private, Medicaid, Medicare|
|Affiliated university||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Lists||Hospitals in California|
UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center is a hospital located within the city of Santa Monica, California. The hospital was founded in 1926, and is a member of the UCLA Health. The hospital is also known internationally for operating its Rape Treatment Center, and the adjoining Stuart House for sexually abused children.
In 1986, the $36 million six-story Merle Norman Pavilion addition was constructed, which held 107 beds and two thirds of them being private rooms. In 1988, LHS merged with HealthWest, the parent company of Northridge Hospital, to form UniHealth.
In 2007 the 16,000 square foot Nethercutt Emergency Center was opened and contains 22 beds.
The orthopedic practice group at UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center, has been recognized as one of the best orthopedic hospitals in the United States. In 2011, the UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center, opened a new facility next to the existing orthopedic hospital, on 15th Street and Wilshire Blvd.
- Clark Shaughnessy, American football coach and innovator of the T formation
- Mehli Mehta, violinist, conductor, orchestra founder, father of Zubin and Zarin
- Tamara Toumanova – prima ballerina
- Tom Petty, rock musician, singer-songwriter
- Michael Turner, Comic book artist
- Stan Freberg, voice actor, comedian
- Jackie Coogan, actor
- UCLA Health
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Olive View-UCLA Medical Center
- "About Us". UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. Archived from the original on May 22, 2010. Retrieved April 30, 2010.
- "About UCLA Health System". UCLA. Archived from the original on March 31, 2010. Retrieved April 30, 2010.
- "Rape Treatment Center". UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. Archived from the original on April 6, 2010. Retrieved April 30, 2010.
- "History". Santa Monica Replacement Hospital Project. Archived from the original on May 2, 2008.CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)
- "Nethercutt Emergency Center | UCLA Health". www.uclahealth.org. Retrieved July 28, 2020.
- "LHS, HealthWest Merge; Savings Expected From Staff Cuts". Los Angeles Times. June 4, 1988.
- "UCLA, Santa Monica Hospitals to Merge : Health care: Medical center will acquire the community facility for an undisclosed sum. The move echoes an industry trend". Los Angeles Times. July 21, 1995.
- "Nethercutt Emergency Center | UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica - YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved July 28, 2020.
- "Clark Shaughnessy, "Father" of Modern T Formation, Dies Friday at 78 in California". Gettysburg Times. Associated Press. May 16, 1970. Retrieved September 6, 2011.
- Pasles, Chris (October 22, 2002). "Obituaries – Mehli Mehta, 94; Youth Symphony Conductor". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved September 6, 2011.