Union Township, White County, Indiana
The James Culbertson Reynolds House in Monticello
Location in White County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||43.81 sq mi (113.5 km2)|
|• Land||41.67 sq mi (107.9 km2)|
|• Water||2.14 sq mi (5.5 km2) 4.88%|
|Elevation||679 ft (207 m)|
|• Density||237.7/sq mi (91.8/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47929, 47960|
|GNIS feature ID||453939|
Union Township was organized in 1834.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 43.81 square miles (113.5 km2), of which 41.67 square miles (107.9 km2) (or 95.12%) is land and 2.14 square miles (5.5 km2) (or 4.88%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Liberty Township (north)
- Lincoln Township (east)
- Jefferson Township, Carroll County (southeast)
- Big Creek Township (southwest)
- Honey Creek Township (west)
- Monon Township (northwest)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Cutler and River View.
Airports and landing strips
- Dittman Airport
- White County Airport
- Monticello City Park
- The White County Asylum was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2010.
- Twin Lakes School Corporation
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 15
- State House District 16
- State Senate District 07
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Hamelle, W. H. (1915). A Standard History of White County, Indiana: An Authentic Narrative of the Past, with an Extended Survey of Modern Developments in the Progress of Town and Country. Unigraphic. p. 191.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 9/20/10 through 9/24/10. National Park Service. 2010-10-01.