This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Vipava in Vipava, flowing under the Tabor Bridge
|Main source||Gradiček (in Slovenia)
110 m (360 ft)
|River mouth||The Soča (in Italy)
35 m (115 ft)
|Length||49 km (30 mi)|
|Basin size||760 km2 (290 sq mi)|
The Vipava (in Slovene) or Vipacco (in Italian) or Wipbach / Wippach (in German) is a river that flows through western Slovenia and northeast Italy. The river is 49 kilometres (30 mi) in length. After entering Italy it joins the Isonzo/Soča in the Municipality of Savogna d'Isonzo. This is a rare river with a delta source, formed by nine main springs. The Battle of the Frigidus was fought near the river, which was named Frigidus ('cold') by the Romans. It has the pluvial-nival regime in its upper course and the pluvial regime in its lower course.
- "Reke, dolge nad 25 km, in njihova padavinska območja" [Rivers, longer than 25 km, and their catchment areas] (in Slovenian and English). Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia. 2002.
- "Vipava" [Camis Project: Coherent Activities for the Management of the River Soča]. Projekt Camis - Usklajene aktivnosti za upravljanje reke Soče (in Slovenian and Italian). Soča Development Centre. Retrieved 8 February 2006.
- Omejc, Alenka (2009). Humar, Janko, ed. "The Emerald Trail". RDO Smaragdna pot. COBISS 579912.
- Brečko Grubar,, Valentina; Kovačič, Gregor (2010). "Pokrajinskoekološka oznaka jadranskega povodja v Sloveniji s poudarkom na kakovosti vodnih virov" [Landscape Ecological Characterization of the Adriatic Sea Basin in Slovenia with an Emphasis on Water Resource Quality]. Annales. Series historia et sociologia (in Slovenian). 20 (1): 153–168.
- Media related to Vipava (river) at Wikimedia Commons
- Condition of Vipava at Dolenje, Dornberk, Miren - graphs, in the following order, of water level, flow and temperature data for the past 30 days (taken in Dolenje, Dornberk and Miren by ARSO)
|This article related to a river in Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Friuli – Venezia Giulia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a river in Slovenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|