|Channels||Digital: 28 (UHF)|
(shared with WIPX-TV)
|Owner||Inyo Broadcast Holdings |
(Inyo Broadcast Licenses LLC)
First air date
|August 27, 1987|
Former call signs
Former channel number(s)
42 (UHF, 1987–2009)
56 (UHF, until 2009)
42 (UHF, 2009–2018)
27 (UHF, 2018–2019)
Ion Plus (2018–2021)
Hillsong Channel (20??–2018)
JUCE TV (20??–2018)/
TBN Salsa (2015–2018)
|HAAT||310.7 m (1,019 ft)|
Public license information
WCLJ-TV, virtual channel 42 (UHF digital channel 28), is a Bounce TV-affiliated television station serving Indianapolis, Indiana, United States that is licensed to Bloomington. The station is owned by Inyo Broadcast Holdings, as part of a duopoly with Ion affiliate WIPX-TV (channel 63, also licensed to Bloomington). The two stations share offices on Production Drive (near I-74/I-465) in southwestern Indianapolis and transmitter facilities on SR 252 in Trafalgar, Indiana.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2017)
The station was built by the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) and first signed on the air on August 27, 1987.
TBN entered into an agreement with Ion Media Networks on November 14, 2017, which gave Ion the option to acquire the licenses of WCLJ-TV and three other TBN stations that had sold their spectrum in the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)'s spectrum auction. Ion exercised the option on May 24, 2018. The sale was completed on September 25, 2018, creating a duopoly with existing Ion Television station WIPX-TV. Ion immediately moved Ion Life (later Ion Plus) to the station in order to provide the network with full-market coverage equivalent to that of WIPX-DT1.
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming|
|42.1||480i||16:9||WCLJ-TV||Main WCLJ-TV programming / Bounce TV|
On June 1, 2015, JUCE and Smile of a Child were consolidated into a single network on the third subchannel to accommodate the addition of a new network, TBN Salsa, on the fifth subchannel where Smile of a Child used to reside. As a result of the change, children's programming that previously aired on Smile of a Child was carried on 42.3 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. On April 1, 2018, the channel switched off its non-shared signal, leaving it to air only on its new frequency shared with WIPX-TV.
WCLJ-TV shut down its analog signal, over UHF channel 42, on February 17, 2009, earlier than the June 12, 2009 official date in which full-power television stations in the United States transitioned from analog to digital broadcasts under federal mandate. The station's digital signal relocated from its pre-transition UHF channel 56, which was among the high band UHF channels (52-69) that were removed from broadcasting use as a result of the transition, to its analog-era frequency, UHF channel 42.
- "Application for Consent to Assignment of Broadcast Station Construction Permit or License". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. June 8, 2018. Retrieved June 11, 2018.
- "Consummation Notice". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. September 25, 2018. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- RabbitEars TV Query for WCLJ
- Kent Gibbons (2015-05-29). "TBN Salsa Targets English-Speaking Hispanics". Multichannel News. NewBay Media. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Seventh slideshow image: 'new soac.png'". 2015-06-10. Archived from the original on 2016-05-27. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
TBN Salsa is on the air - Available on TBN's 'over the air' broadcast stations in the United States on sub channel 5. ... Smile of a Child airs 7am-7pm & JUCE airs 7pm-7am on subchannel 3.
- Galer, Sarah (2016-04-15) [Updated 2016; originally published 2009-02-17]. "Eight Indiana TV stations to end analog on Tuesday". WTHR. Associated Press.
The Indiana stations are WFWA (PBS), WISE-TV (NBC) and WPTA (ABC) of Fort Wayne; WCLJ-TV and WIPB (PBS) of Indianapolis; and WSJV (Fox), WNDU-TV (NBC) and WSBT-TV (CBS) of South Bend-Elkhart.
- "DTV Tentative Channel Designations for the First and the Second Rounds" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-03-24.