|Broadcast area||Charlottesville, Virginia
Albemarle County, Virginia
|Branding||"92-7 Nash Icon"|
|First air date||June 22, 1979|
|Callsign meaning||W University of VirginiA|
|Affiliations||Nash Icon (Westwood One)|
WUVA (92.7 FM) is a Classic-based Country formatted broadcast radio station licensed to Charlottesville, Virginia, serving Charlottesville and Albemarle County, Virginia. WUVA is owned and operated by WUVA, Inc.
WUVA launched on June 22, 1979 with an Urban Contemporary format, branded as "92.7 Kiss FM" On September 17, 2015, the radio station information website Radio-Insight reported that WUVA would be switching formats in the near future. WUVA would drop its long-time, locally based Urban Contemporary format for Classic-based Country, utilizing the nationally-syndicated Nash Icon from Westwood One. At noon the following day, WUVA became "Nash Icon 92.7".
- "WUVA Facility Record". Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "University of Virginia To Flip WUVA To Nash Icon". RadioInsight. September 17, 2015. Retrieved September 18, 2015.
- "@UVA dropped Classic Hip-Hop...". Robert F. Corbin/Twitter. September 18, 2015. Retrieved September 18, 2015.
- 92-7 Nash Icon Online
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WUVA
- Radio-Locator information on WUVA
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WUVA
|This article about a radio station in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|