South Camden Historic District
|Location||Roughly bounded by Jackson, South Fourth, Chelton, and Railroad|
Camden, New Jersey
|Area||686 acres (278 ha)|
|Architectural style||Italianate, Classical Revival, Gothic|
|NRHP reference #||90001453|
|Added to NRHP||September 28, 1990|
|Designated NJRHP||August 18, 1990|
Waterfront South is a neighborhood in Camden, New Jersey. Located in the southern part of the city, below Central Waterfront, between the Delaware River and Interstate 676, the neighborhood has a population of 1,781. The South Camden Historic District, bounded by Jackson St, South Fourth St, Chelton Ave, and Railroad Avenue, comprises 686 acres (278 ha) and 608 buildings, including the headquarters of the defunct South Camden Trust Company.
New York Shipbuilding Corporation, in the Port of Camden, was located many years along the waterfront on the west side of the neighborhood and once was its largest employer. In July 2014, the New Jersey Economic Development Authority awarded the Holtec International a $260 million tax incentive to expand operations at the site in the Port of Camden. The proposed Glassboro–Camden Line light rail system would stop in the neighbourhood at Ferry Avenue parallel and west of the North-South Freeway.
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places". New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "Waterfront South neighborhood in Camden, New Jersey (NJ), 08104 subdivision profile - real estate, apartments, condos, homes, community, population, jobs, income, streets". City-data.com. Retrieved 2012-02-04.
- Heart of Camden Waterfront South
- "National Register of Historical Places - NEW JERSEY (NJ), Camden County". Nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com. Retrieved 2013-07-27.
- "South Camden Trust Company - Camden, NJ - Converted Bank Buildings on Waymarking.com". waymarking.com.
- "Significance" (PDF). South Camden HIstoric District. National Register of Historic Places. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "Waterfront South". www.livecamden.org. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- Laday, Jason (July 10, 2014). "Paulsboro port construction, Camden's Holtec manufacturing plant boosted by $260M tax break". South Jersey Times. Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- DiStefano, Joseph N. DiStegano (July 10, 2014). "NJ approves $260M in tax breaks for Holtec Camden factory". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- "Stations" (PDF). www.glassborocamdenline.com. Retrieved 2014-06-06.
- "For Camden neighborhood, park project to open up a path to the river". Philly.com.
|This Camden County, New Jersey state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|