|September 2019 +/-|
|Cape Town 19||September 1, 2019|
|SoCal wiknic||September 1, 2019|
|Malaysia-Thailand 1||September 5, 2019|
|London 146||September 8, 2019|
|Cluj, Romania||September 9, 2019|
|Oxford 76||September 15, 2019|
|October 2019 +/-|
|BLT @ NYC||October 1, 2019|
|BLT @ NYC||October 2, 2019|
|Cape Town 20||October 5, 2019|
|London 147||October 13, 2019|
|San Diego 45||October 13, 2019|
|San Diego 46||October 27, 2019|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
For meetups in other languages, see the list on Meta
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harlem Editathon 2014.|
Harlem and neighboring uptown residents as well as commuters everywhere were invited to participate. The Harlem Edit-a-Thon started at 10 a.m. and continued through 2 p.m. During the hands-on event a range of issues about Wikipedia were planned to be covered, including: how to set up a user account, basic and advanced editing of Wikipedia articles, uploading and posting photos and images, reading “Talk” pages and understanding references. We also were prepared to show residents how to conduct research and to answer questions regarding the use of Wikipedia in the classroom.
No special Wiki knowledge is required to participate. Just bring your enthusiasm and a love of Harlem. We will have a few workstations for residents, but we also encourage people to bring their laptops.
- Date: Saturday March 1st
- Time: 10am-2pm (drop-in anytime)
- Location: Harlem Branch Library (9 West 124th Street, Map & Directions)
- Find us at: Library Group Training Room (3rd floor)
- Cost: Free
- Who Should Attend: Everyone is welcome to attend!
- Hashtag: #WikipediaAndHarlem
- Participating Organizations: Wikimedia NYC, Metropolitan New York Library Council, Wireless Harlem and Mount Morris Park Community Improvement Association (MMPCIA).
Harlem Wikipedia Articles to create or improve
- Harlem Landmarks from this list: List of New York City Designated Landmarks in Manhattan above 110th Street
- Wireless Harlem, 
- African American Day Parade
- Harlem Opera House
- Hooper Fountain
- National Black Theater
- Swing Low Harriet Tubman Memorial
- Pages relating to the Harlem Renaissance
- Mae Virginia Cowdery, Harlem Renaissance poet
- Lewis Grandison Alexander, Harlem Renaissance poet, actor, playwright
- Clarissa Scott Delany Harlem Renaissance poet, educator.
- Abyssinian Baptist Church in Harlem
- Harlem Fire Watchtower
- Harlem Riot of 1943 (Ralph Ellison's novel Invisible Man dramatizes the riot).
- Congress of Racial Equality add section on Harlem chapter, Harlem Core, 
(sign up by editing the page and entering four tildes ~. This will automatically put in your username.)
- Pharos (talk) 23:57, 6 February 2014 (UTC)
- OR drohowa (talk) 17:07, 11 February 2014 (UTC)
- DGG ( talk ) 17:25, 11 February 2014 (UTC) (probably)
- Wataimi (talk) 15:29, 18 February 2014 (UTC)
- Jim.henderson (talk) 13:50, 19 February 2014 (UTC)
- Scottandrewhutchins (talk) 22:47, 28 February 2014 (UTC)
- - Ssilvers (talk) 23:45, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
- Froid (talk) 23:17, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
- Ministry of Silly Walks (talk) 17:51, 18 February 2014 (UTC)
- Deansfa (talk) 21:11, 25 February 2014 (UTC)
- kosboot (talk) 17:34, 17 February 2014 (UTC) - but I hope to edit before/after the event
- BrillLyle (talk) 04:37, 25 February 2014 (UTC) - may try to attend remotely but not sure...
- - Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:18, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
- Uncle Ed (talk) 12:16, 3 March 2014 (UTC) - but I hope to edit before/after the event
During this short session, users worked on articles related to Harlem, and experienced Wikipedians helped several newcomers to familiarize themselves with wiki mark-up and editing. There was also a short presentation on wiki mark-up (see WP:Cheatsheet) and editing techniques and strategies using one of the articles being worked on as an example.
- 97 total edits on Saturday March 1st by this group (cohort) of users.
- 6 edits per person
- 5 pages total added by this group of users on Saturday March 1st
Attendees of record
- User:Azim thomas
- User:OR drohowa