LGA and Town
|• Chairman and the Head of the Local Government Council||Adi Daniel|
|• Total||4,308 km2 (1,663 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (WAT)|
|3-digit postal code prefix|
|ISO 3166 code||NG.TA.WU|
Wukari is a Local Government Area in Taraba State, Nigeria. Its headquarters is in the town of Wukari on the A4 highway. The Donga River flows through the area and the Benue River forms a boundary with Nasarawa State to the northwest. It has an area of 4,308 km2 and a population of 241,546 at the 2006 census. The postal code of the area is 670.
The town is the base of the Wukari Federation, a traditional state. It is the home to Jukun and Tiv peoples, two major ethnic group in West Africa. The local languages are Jukun (Wapan, Jibu, Nyifon) and Tiv.
The town has tertiary institutions such as:
List of secondary schools in Wukari LGA
- Adigrace College, Byepyi
- Government Day Secondary School
- Mater Dei Nursery and Primary School
Excel model secondary school Federal government college
- admin. "Local Govt. Chairmen". TARABA STATE GOVERNMENT. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "Post Offices- with map of LGA". NIPOST. Retrieved 20 October 2009.
- Blench, Roger (2019). An Atlas of Nigerian Languages (4th ed.). Cambridge: Kay Williamson Educational Foundation.
- "Private Universities". National Universities Commission. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
|This Taraba State, Nigeria location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|