Location of Ypäjä in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Sinikka Malin|
|• Total||182.76 km2 (70.56 sq mi)|
|• Land||182.75 km2 (70.56 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.5 km2 (0.2 sq mi)|
|Area rank||269th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||249th largest in Finland|
|• Density||13.24/km2 (34.3/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.1% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||16.2%|
|• 15 to 64||63.8%|
|• 65 or older||19.9%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.5%|
Ypäjä is a municipality located in the countryside of South-Western Finland. It belongs to the province of Southern Finland and the region of Tavastia Proper. The municipality has a population of 2,419 (31 March 2016) and covers an area of 182.76 square kilometres (70.56 sq mi) of which 0.5 km2 (0.19 sq mi) is water. The population density is 13.24 inhabitants per square kilometre (34.3/sq mi). The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
The main population centre of Ypäjä is a small village situated on the river Loimijoki, between the towns of Forssa (23 km to the east from Ypäjä) and Loimaa (15 km to the west). Although officially part of the Forssa region, Ypäjä is often also considered to belong to the Loimaa region as it has traditionally been influenced by both towns. Besides Loimaa, its direct neighbours are Jokioinen, Humppila, Somero, Koski, and Mellilä.
Ypäjä's coat of arms is designed by Aukusti Tuhka.
- "Population density by area 1.1.2016". Statistics Finland. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Ypäjä at Wikimedia Commons