|Alma mater||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|Known for||Co-founder of PayPal and the very first employee of YouTube|
Yu Pan is an engineer and entrepreneur mentioned in one source as one of the original six people who started PayPal and the first employee at YouTube, as an early software engineer. He is a former Google employee and also a co-founder of Kiwi Crate, Inc.
Pan received a BS in computer science from the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign. In 2007, Pan gained an Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy Alumni Award, and he is listed as a notable alumnus alongside technology entrepreneurs Steve Chen, Ramez Naam, Russel Simmons, and Sam Yagan.
Pan currently works as an R&D Engineer at Origin Protocol.
- Peter, Thiel. "Girard in Silicon Valley: Notes from a lecture by Peter Thiel". Imitatio, a program of Thiel Foundation. Archived from the original on 2012-07-30.
- Peter Thiel, The paradox of founders: outsiders who become insiders, Thu, Oct 30, 2014, 01:30, accessed 7/09/2010
- IMSA Award site - IMSA Award site lists Yu Pan as a cofounder of PayPal
- Levchin, Max. "PayPal Slideshow". Levchin. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- Thiel, Peter; Masters, Blake (16 September 2014). Zero to One: Notes on Start Ups, or How to Build the Future. Random House. ISBN 9780753550304. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "2007 IMSA Board of Trustees Alumni Award Recipients". Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy. Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy IMSA Alumni Association. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- Clark, Andrew (8 February 2007). "YouTube millionaires: from wealthy backers to receptionist". Guardian News and Media Limited. The Guardian. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- Finley, Klint; Metz, Cade (31 May 2013). "Hogwarts for Hackers: Inside the Science and Tech School of Tomorrow". Conde Nast. Wired. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- Marshall, Matt (8 February 2007). "YouTube spoils made official, co-founders did well". Venture Beat. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- Yu Pan, Co-Founder, Kiwi Crate, Inc. - This Bloomberg Business page presents Yu Pan as a former Google employee and a cofounder of PayPal.
- Liu, Matthew (2019-08-26). "PayPal Co-Founder and First YouTube Engineer Joins Origin: Welcome Yu Pan". Medium. Retrieved 2020-05-05.
- "IMSA Board of Trustees Alumni Awards". IMSA Alumni Association. Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "IMSA Board of Trustees Alumni Awards". Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy. IMSA. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- Ankney, Leslie. "Why These Innovators Left Facebook, Google And More For Crypto". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-02-06.