||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Mayor of Central Singapore District|
30 May 2006 – 26 May 2011
|Preceded by||Heng Chee How|
|Succeeded by||Sam Tan|
|Member of the Singapore Parliament
for Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC (Toa Payoh East)
7 May 2011 – 24 August 2015
|Preceded by||Josephine Teo|
|Succeeded by||Saktiandi Supaat (Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC-Toa Payoh East-Novena)|
3 July 1963 |
|Political party||People's Action Party (2001-2015)|
|Alma mater||Jurong Junior College, French-Singapore Institute, ESIEE|
|Occupation||Director, NTUC Care & Share, National Trades Union Congress; Executive Secretary, Education Services Union|
|Committees||Public Petitions (10th–11th Parliaments)|
Zainudin Nordin (born 3 July 1963) is a former Singaporean politician. A member of the governing People's Action Party, he was a Member of Parliament representing the Bishan-Toa Payoh Group Representation Constituency (GRC).
Zainudin has represented Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC since 2001 and will be going out in 2015. He is the former Mayor of the Central Community Development Council, and is currently the president of the Football Association of Singapore. Notably, Zainuddin never served National Service in Singapore like most able-bodied males of his generation, as revealed by himself in a parliamentary speech during the Budget 2013 Committee of Supply.
- Chevalier in the National Order of Merit by the French Ambassador to Singapore
Arrest on 25 April 2017
On 25 April 2017, Zainudin was arrested alongside three other individuals in connection to a probe by the Commercial Affairs Department into a suspected misuse of funds at Tiong Bahru FC. Zainudin is currently released on bail.
- PAP defeats Chiam's team in Bishan-Toa Payoh
- Nordin: Singapore making progress
- Nordin, Zainudin. "Parliamentary speech by Mr Zainudin Nordin on President's opening address". National Trade Union Congress. National Trade Union Congress. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- Li, Tania (1989). Malays in Singapore : culture, economy, and ideology (2. impr. ed.). Singapore: Oxford University Press. p. 109. ISBN 9780195889147.
- "Mr Zainudin Nordin, Chevalier in the National Order of Merit". France in Singapore. Embassy of France in Singapore. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- hermes (2017-04-25). "FAS saga: Bill Ng, wife, Zainudin Nordin and Winston Lee all out on police bail". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zainudin Nordin.|
Heng Chee How
|Mayor of Central Singapore District
30 May 2006 – 26 May 2011
Ho Peng Kee
|President of the Football Association of Singapore
1 April 2009 – present