||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)|
|Zainudin Nordin, in his capacity as President of the Football Association of Singapore, marking StarHub's appointment as official broadcaster and principal sponsor of the LionsXII in 2012|
|Member of the Singapore Parliament
for Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC
7 May 2011
27 April 2006 – 18 April 2011
25 October 2001 – 19 April 2006
3 July 1963 |
|Political party||People's Action Party|
|Alma mater||Jurong Junior College, French-Singapore Institute, ESIEE|
|Occupation||Director, NTUC Care & Share, National Trades Union Congress; Executive Secretary, Education Services Union|
|Committees||Public Petitions (10th–11th Parliaments)|
Zainudin Nordin (born 3 July 1963) is a Singaporean politician. A member of the governing People's Action Party, he is a currently a Member of Parliament representing the Bishan-Toa Payoh Group Representation Constituency (GRC).
Zainudin has represented Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC since 2001. He is the former Mayor of the Central Community Development Council, and is currently the president of the Football Association of Singapore. Notably, Zainuddin never served National Service in Singapore like most able-bodied males of his generation, as revealed by himself in a parliamentary speech during the Budget 2013 Committee of Supply.
Nordin was born to a security guard who afforded a two-room flat in 1970, which he bought for $13,500, on his salary of $150 per month.
During the 1980s, Nordin was not called up for National Service as the National Service policy excluded some Malays.
1970-1975 PSLE (Tanglin Primary School)
1976-1979 GCE 'O' Level (Tanglin Technical School)
1981-1982 GCE 'A' Level (Jurong Junior College)
1983-1985 Diploma in Electronic Engineering (French-Singapore Institute)
1986-1990 Diploma d'Ingenieur (equivalent to MSc) (E.S.I.E.E., France)
25.10.2001 - 19.04.2006 Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC
27.04.2006 - 18.04.2011 Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC
07.05.2011 - Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC
- Chevalier in the National Order of Merit by the French Ambassador to Singapore
- PAP defeats Chiam's team in Bishan-Toa Payoh
- Nordin: Singapore making progress
- Nordin, Zainudin. "Parliamentary speech by Mr Zainudin Nordin on President's opening address". National Trade Union Congress. National Trade Union Congress. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- Li, Tania (1989). Malays in Singapore : culture, economy, and ideology (2. impr. ed.). Singapore: Oxford University Press. p. 109. ISBN 9780195889147.
- "Mr Zainudin Nordin". Parliament of Singapore. GOVERNMENT OF SINGAPORE. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Mr Zainudin Nordin, Chevalier in the National Order of Merit". France in Singapore. Embassy of France in Singapore. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zainudin Nordin.|