1700s BC (decade)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1700 BC)
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||19th century BC – 18th century BC – 17th century BC|
|Decades:||1730s BC 1720s BC 1710s BC – 1700s BC – 1690s BC 1680s BC 1670s BC|
|Years:||1709 BC 1708 BC 1707 BC 1706 BC 1705 BC 1704 BC 1703 BC 1702 BC 1701 BC 1700 BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends
- 1700 BC – The last woolly mammoth goes extinct on Wrangel Island.
- 1700 BC – The city of Knossos on Crete is destroyed by fire.
- c. 1700 BC – Aegean metalworkers begin creating crafts that rival those of the ancient Near East, whose techniques they seem to borrow.
- c. 1700 BC – The Indus Valley Civilization comes to an end and the Cemetery H culture begins.
- c. 1700 BC – Lila-Ir-Tash starts ruling the Elamite Empire.
- c. 1700 BC – Shang Dynasty begins in China.
- c. 1700 BC – Bronze Age starts in China.
- c. 1700 BC – The Oxus civilization ends in today's Central Asia.
- Jie of Xia, last ruler of the Xia Dynasty, begins ruling around 1706 BC
- Lila-Ir-Tash, king of the Elamite Empire
- Rim-Sin I, king of the city-state of Larsa
- Hammurabi, king of Babylon (according to the short chronology)