1910 in film
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
|List of years in film (table)|
|... 1900 . 1901 . 1902 . 1903 . 1904 . 1905 . 1906 ...
1907 1908 1909 -1910- 1911 1912 1913
... 1914 . 1915 . 1916 . 1917 . 1918 . 1919 . 1920 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
|Years in film|
The year 1910 in film involved some significant events.
- March 18 - The first cinematic version of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1818) is released in the United States by Edison Studios. One of the first horror films, it features (unbilled) actor Charles Ogle as the monster.
- May 6 - The newsreel footage of the funeral of Edward VII is shot in Kinemacolor, making it the first color newsreel.
- A Danish melodrama, Den Hvide Slavehandel, marks the first time film is used to study prostitution.
- Kalem Studios director Sidney Olcott becomes the first American to make a motion picture outside of the United States.
- Florence Lawrence becomes America's first motion picture star known by her name.
Films released in 1910
- Abraham Lincoln's Clemency
- The Abyss (Afgrunden), starring Asta Nielsen
- Aeroplane Flight And Wreck
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Der Alpenjager
- Am Abend
- The Blue Bird
- A Christmas Carol
- A Day in the Life of a Coal Miner, produced by Charles Urban
- The Family Doctor
- The Fugitive, directed by D. W. Griffith
- The House with Closed Shutters, directed by D. W. Griffith
- Den Hvide Slavehandel
- In Old California
- In the Border States, directed by D. W. Griffith
- The Johnson-Jeffries Fight
- A Lad from Old Ireland, directed by Sidney Olcott
- New York of Today, produced by Edison Studios
- Roosevelt in Africa
- Slippery Jim, directed by Ferdinand Zecca
- The Unchanging Sea, directed by D. W. Griffith
- Le Vitrail Diabolique, directed by Georges Melies
- Im Wannseebad
- What the Daisy Said
- White Fawn's Devotion, directed by James Young Deer the first Native American Director
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
|Day||Name||Profession||Year of birth|
|April 21||Mark Twain||humorist, writer, born Samuel L. Clemons.||1835|
|November 20||Leo Tolstoy||Russian novelist||1828|
- Leah Baird - Jean and the Waif
- Carlyle Blackwell - Uncle Tom's Cabin (short)
- Eleanor Caines - The New Boss of Bar X Ranch (short)
- Grace Cunard - The Duke's Plan (short)
- Margarita Fischer - There, Little Girl, Don't Cry (short)
- Helen Gardner - How She Won Him (short)
- Alice Joyce - The Deacon's Daughter (short)
- J. Warren Kerrigan - A Voice from the Fireplace (short)
- Mae Marsh - Ramona (short)
- Asta Nielsen - The Woman Always Pays (short)
- Mabel Normand - Indiscretions of Betty
- Wallace Reid - The Phoenix (short)
- Marin Sais - Twelfth Night (short)
- Norma Talmadge - The Household Pest
- Pearl White - The Missing Bridegroom (short)