64th British Academy Film Awards
|64th British Academy Film Awards|
|Date||13 February 2011|
|Site||Royal Opera House, London|
|Best Film||The King's Speech|
|Best British Film||The King's Speech|
|Best Actor||Colin Firth
The King's Speech
|Best Actress||Natalie Portman
|Most awards||The King's Speech (7)|
|Most nominations||The King's Speech (14)|
The 64th British Academy Film Awards, more commonly known as the BAFTAs, were held on 13 February 2011 at the Royal Opera House in London, honouring the best national and foreign films of 2010. The nominees were announced on 18 January 2011. The King's Speech earned the most nominations with fourteen. At the ceremony, it came away with seven awards, including Best Film, Outstanding British Film and Best Actor for Colin Firth. Natalie Portman won the Best Actress award, and David Fincher was named Best Director for The Social Network. Geoffrey Rush and Helena Bonham Carter won the Best Supporting Actor and Actress awards.
Winners and nominees
Winners are listed first and highlighted in bold.
Multiple nominations and wins
- 14 nominations: The King's Speech
- 12 nominations: Black Swan
- 9 nominations: Inception
- 8 nominations: 127 Hours and True Grit
- 6 nominations: The Social Network
- 5 nominations: Alice in Wonderland
- 4 nominations: The Kids Are All Right and Made in Dagenham
- 3 nominations: The Fighter, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and Toy Story 3
- 2 nominations: Another Year, Biutiful, Four Lions, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1, and How to Train Your Dragon
- 17th Screen Actors Guild Awards
- 31st Golden Raspberry Awards
- 16th Critics' Choice Awards
- 65th Tony Awards
- 68th Golden Globe Awards
- 83rd Academy Awards
- "Film Awards Timetable". British Academy of Film and Television Arts. 26 May 2010. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- "The King's Speech leads Bafta field". BBC News. 18 January 2011. Archived from the original on 19 January 2011. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- Reynolds, Simon (13 February 2011). "Live: BAFTA Film Awards 2011 Winners". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi UK. Retrieved 13 February 2011.
- "King's Speech sweeps up at Baftas". BBC News (BBC). 13 February 2011. Archived from the original on 13 February 2011. Retrieved 13 February 2011.
- "Baftas 2011: full list of winners". The Telegraph. 2011-02-14. Archived from the original on 10 March 2011. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "Baftas 2011: The King's Speech sweeps the board". Guardian. 2011-02-14. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- BAFTA Harry Potter
- "Nominees Announced For Film Not in the English Language". British Academy of Film and Television Arts. 6 January 2011. Archived from the original on 10 January 2011. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- "Nominees Are Announced Orange Wednesdays Rising Star Award". British Academy of Film and Television Arts. 6 January 2011. Archived from the original on 10 January 2011. Retrieved 12 January 2011.