B.o.B performing in July 2010.
|Birth name||Bobby Ray Simmons, Jr.|
|Also known as||Bobby Ray|
November 15, 1988 |
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
|Origin||Decatur, Georgia, United States|
|Genres||Hip hop, pop|
|Occupations||Rapper, record producer, singer-songwriter|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano|
|Labels||Rebel Rock, Grand Hustle, Atlantic Records|
|Associated acts||All City Chess Club, Playboy Tre, T.I.|
Bobby Ray Simmons, Jr. (born November 15, 1988), better known by his stage name B.o.B, is an American hip hop recording artist, songwriter and record producer from Decatur, Georgia. In 2006, B.o.B was discovered by Brian Richardson, who then brought him to TJ Chapman, who then brought him to American record producer Jim Jonsin. After hearing his music, Jonsin subsequently signed B.o.B to his Rebel Rock Entertainment imprint. A couple of years later, Jonsin and B.o.B signed a joint venture deal with Atlantic and American rapper T.I.'s Grand Hustle Records.
B.o.B quickly rose to fame after his commercial debut single "Nothin' on You", reached number one in both the United States and the United Kingdom. He would later release his third single "Airplanes", which also topped several music charts. His fifth single "Magic", became his third top ten hit on the Billboard Hot 100. B.o.B's debut studio album The Adventures of Bobby Ray, which was preceded by two extended plays (EPs) and several mixtapes, was released on April 27, 2010. The album reached number one on the US Billboard charts and was eventually certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Later that year, B.o.B was named the ninth "Hottest MC in the Game of 2010" by MTV, on their annual list.
B.o.B released his second studio album Strange Clouds, on May 1, 2012. Strange Clouds spawned six singles, four of which charted exceptionally well internationally. The song "Strange Clouds", the album's eponymous lead single, became his fourth top ten hit on the Billboard Hot 100. The singles "So Good", "Both of Us" and "Out of My Mind", followed behind, with the former two being certified platinum by the RIAA. The album itself debuted at number five on the Billboard 200. His third album Underground Luxury, was released in December 2013 and supported by the lead single "We Still in This Bitch". B.o.B is currently working on the Grand Hustle compilation album and is set to release an EP which will only include rock music, as well as a collaborative album with his Grand Hustle label-boss T.I., all in the near future.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Discography
- 3 Awards and nominations
- 4 References
- 5 External links
1988–2006: Early life and career beginnings
Simmons was born on November 15, 1988 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He played the trumpet in his school band from elementary school through high school. Although his parents wanted him to continue his education, Simmons decided in sixth grade that he wanted to pursue a music career. His father, a pastor, disapproved of his son's choices until he realized that Simmons was using music as a form of therapy and a creative outlet. Simmons later reflected on his experience, saying, "They’ve always supported me. They got my first keyboard to make beats on and they helped me out getting equipment here and there. But it was kind of hard for them to really understand what I was really trying to accomplish." B.o.B attended Columbia High School in Decatur, Georgia.
After meeting his mentor and co-manager, B. Rich, in 2002 at 14 years of age, B.o.B sold his first beat to former Slip-n-Slide recording artist Citti for a song titled "I'm the Cookie Man". Meanwhile B.o.B felt he had made it: "I went and blew all of my money on fast stuff like a chain and ballin'. Soon I was broke again, but I learned two important things from it; make sure I save my money and that I was hooked on music." Back to square one, B.o.B continued performing at open mics and underground venues to perfect his craft. In 2006, because he was underage, B. Rich helped sneak B.o.B into Club Crucial, a night club owned by Atlanta rapper T.I.. There, B.o.B performed a song titled "Cloud 9", a self-produced, spoken word-like ode to marijuana. In attendance was producer and industry veteran, T.J. Chapman, CEO of TJ's DJ's. TJ Chapman agreed to co-manage B.o.B, which only a month later led to B.o.B's signing with Atlantic Records and subsidiary imprint Rebel Rock, run by Florida producer Jim Jonsin. His first single for Atlantic, 2007's "Haterz Everywhere", reached the top five of Billboard's Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop singles chart. Along with his solo production career, B.o.B is part of a production/rap group called HamSquad, along with Playboy Tre, DJ Swatts, DJ Smooth, Moss B, B-Rich and TJ Chapman.
2007–2008: Rise to fame and mixtapes
B.o.B first began to gain major recognition at the start of 2007. The underground single, "Haterz Everywhere", featuring Wes Fif, gained the rapper recognition and peaked at No. 5 on the U.S. Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles. A remix featuring Rich Boy was included in the video game Fight Night Round 4, and a music video was later released for that version. Another single, "I'll Be in the Sky", was released in late 2008 reached No. 115 on the follow chart. About.com called the song a "smart, funky artrap and a strong prelude to his album" and included it at No. 13 on its subjective ranking "Top 100 Rap Songs of 2008". Incidentally, another song produced by Bobby Ray called "Generation Lost" listed alongside the song on the ranking at No. 32. This was followed by another single called "Don't Let Me Fall" which was more of an R&B song than the usual rap. He was also featured on T.I.'s album Paper Trail on the song "On Top of the World".
The same year, he appeared on the cover of XXL magazine along with Asher Roth, Charles Hamilton, and Wale as "Hip-Hop's Class of '09". In October 2008, B.o.B was featured on the cover of Vibe along with some of these same young musicians and was similarly identified as promising young talent. He has described his influences as "80's music, techno, rock, funk, even doo-wop...". B.o.B has also worked with artists such as British rapper Giggs. From 2007 to 2008 B.o.B released four mixtapes; The Future (2007), Cloud 9 (2007), Hi! My Name is B.o.B (2008) Who the F#*k is B.o.B? (2008) and two extended plays; Eastside (2007), 12th Dimension (2008).
2008–2010: Mainstream success and The Adventures of Bobby Ray
In late 2008, it was revealed B.o.B was included in XXL's 2009 annual Freshman Class, and was featured on the cover alongside fellow up-and-coming rappers Asher Roth, Wale, Kid Cudi, Charles Hamilton, Cory Gunz, Blu, Mickey Factz, Ace Hood and Curren$y. In February 2009, B.o.B crafted an original song, titled "Auto-Tune", for Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned. On May 16, 2009, B.o.B released a cover of Manu Chao's "Mr. Bobby" and revealed he wanted to be known mononymously as Bobby Ray while also claiming he was taking his music in a "new direction": "Now I go by the name Bobby Ray. Make sure you put Bobby Ray. I’m really going into a new direction – more free and not trying to live up to any particular genre. I don’t feel like I’ve been doing that. I don’t feel like I’ve been trying to fit in, but I feel even more free-spirited. I have more willingness musically. That’s all I’m about. I’m about guitars, chords and keyboards". On June 22, 2009, B.o.B released his fifth mixtape, appropriately titled B.o.B vs. Bobby Ray. The mixtape, reminiscent of T.I.'s T.I. vs. T.I.P. (2007), was mainly produced by Fury and B.o.B. The mixtape also included a song produced by Red Spyda, titled "Fly Like Me" and another titled "Put Me On" which is a remix to A Tribe Called Quest’s 1990 hit, "Bonita Applebum". Reebok used "Put Me On" in celebration of the Reebok Classic Remix collection. The track is available for download exclusively to customers who purchase styles from the Reebok Classic Remix collection, at Foot Locker stores nationwide. During the summer of 2009, B.o.B joined fellow up-and-coming rappers Kid Cudi and Asher Roth for 'The Great Hangover' concert tour.
On January 13, 2010, B.o.B announced his debut studio album, tentatively titled The Adventures of Bobby Ray, was expected to be released on May 25, 2010. To promote the album, B.o.B announced a mixtape titled May 25, in reference to his album's release date. May 25 was released on February 1, 2010, to critical acclaim. The mixtape features guest appearances from J. Cole, Asher Roth, Playboy Tre, Charles Hamilton and Bruno Mars. The latter of whom was featured on the bonus track and B.o.B's debut single, "Nothin' on You". Due to the commercial success of his mixtape May 25 and his single "Nothin' on You", the release date of his debut album was advanced to April 27, 2010. Three other singles followed: "Don't Let Me Fall" (released April 6, 2010), "Airplanes" (April 13, 2010; featuring Hayley Williams), and "Bet I" (April 20, 2010; featuring T.I. and Playboy Tre). A video for "Bet I" was released on Atlantic Videos on YouTube.
B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray was released under Atlantic and T.I.'s Grand Hustle imprint, featuring guest appearances from Lupe Fiasco, T.I., Playboy Tre, Hayley Williams, Rivers Cuomo, Ricco Barrino, Janelle Monáe and Bruno Mars. The album, released April 27, 2010, was given generally positive reviews. His album sold 84,000 copies in the first week and debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200. It made B.o.B the thirteenth solo male artist to have a debut album arrive at No. 1 in its first week. In July, B.o.B announced he will go on tour, naming it The SHOOTiN for Stars Tour. The dates and times were released on his website on July 13. B.o.B has received nominations for his album, singles, and himself by the BET Awards, Teen Choice Awards, MTV Video Music Awards, and the new Suckerfree Summit. "Airplanes" was featured in the trailer for the upcoming movie Charlie St. Cloud and his single "Magic" featured him in an advertisement for Adidas’ “Magic” campaign. B.o.B was announced to be a performer at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards on August 18. He was added to the line-up of Eminem, Linkin Park, Kanye West, Drake, Usher, Paramore, Florence and the Machine, and Justin Bieber.
On August 14, 2010, Hayley Williams announced via the Official Paramore Fan Club that B.o.B would be the main support for Paramore's November U.K. Tour. B.o.B also opened for Eminem and Jay-Z's The Home & Home Tour at Comerica Park. B.o.B also did a MTV Unplugged session. He performed songs off his debut album, as well as a cover of "Kids" by MGMT, with guests Robin Thicke, Melanie Fiona, and Janelle Monae. B.o.B also made an appearance in Lollapalooza 2010. B.o.B. made an appearance at the 2010 MTV VMA's on September 12, 2010. He performed parts of both his singles, "Nothin' on You" with Bruno Mars and "Airplanes" with Hayley Williams. B.o.B. released his seventh mixtape, titled No Genre, on December 7, 2010. B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray was certified Gold by the RIAA on December 16, 2010. B.o.B was named "Best New Artist" by iTunes 2010 Rewind Chart.
2011–2012: Strange Clouds and The Man and the Martian
Jessie J released a single featuring B.o.B, titled "Price Tag," on January 30, 2011. The song was quick to reach No. 1 in the United Kingdom charts selling 84,000 copies in its first week of sales. On March 22, 2011, Electronic Arts released the Launch Trailer for the upcoming first-person-shooter Crysis 2 which featured a song by B.o.B. titled "New York New York" containing the main piano chorus from the song "Theme from New York, New York" commonly sung by Frank Sinatra; the artist who sang the chorus is unconfirmed. The full song later appeared on his eighth mixtape E.P.I.C. (Every Play Is Crucial), which revealed that the song was produced by Mike Caren. In early 2011, Odd Future's Tyler, the Creator released a song titled "Yonkers". In the song Tyler raps (What you think of Hayley Williams?) Fuck her, Wolf Haley robbing 'em / I'll crash that fucking airplane that that faggot nigga B.o.B is in / And stab Bruno Mars in his goddamn esophagus / And won't stop until the cops come in. In response, on March 25, B.o.B released "No Future" a song in which he takes aim at the hip hop collective and their leader. In June 2011, it was revealed that B.o.B was featured and produced a song on Tech N9ne's twelfth studio album, All 6's and 7's. The track, titled "Am I a Psycho?" features rapper Hopsin as well, who also seems to have issues with Tyler, the Creator. B.o.B also appeared on the official remix to Kesha's hit single "Blow". The remix was released to iTunes on May 17, 2011.
In the summer of 2011 B.o.B was announced the new face of T.I.'s clothing line A.K.O.O. He will be featured in AKOO Clothing’s upcoming fall 2011 national advertising campaign alongside Curtis Granderson of the New York Yankees, Carl Crawford of the Boston Red Sox, and star of the BET hit sitcom, The Game, Hosea Chanchez. He will be appearing in a graphic novel for A.K.O.O titled Hide In Plain Sight – Saving the World From Fashion Conspiracy. On August 27, 2011, a video appeared on YouTube of B.o.B performing at Colorado State University, where he previewed a song titled "Strange Clouds" and announced it features Lil Wayne. In an interview with Syracuse University’s The Daily Orange, B.o.B spoke of his second studio album for the first time. He went on to say "It's a more mature sound but nothing too experimental. It's a happy medium between the sound of B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray and the mixtapes, so everyone should be able to enjoy it. I'd say I'm 90 percent done with it right now, but the album title is still TBA." On September 23, 2011, B.o.B released a trailer, through his website, for the upcoming single "Strange Clouds". The trailer announced the single will be officially released October 3. The single leaked prior to the release date on September 25, causing the single to be released on iTunes on September 27. Later that day B.o.B appeared on an online video stream on radio station V103 and announced the title of the album to also be Strange Clouds and was set to be released in early Spring of 2012.
Bobby Ray held the first listening session for his album Strange Clouds at Tree Sound Studios on October 25, 2011. Seven new songs were previewed during the listening session, including the promotional single "Play the Guitar" which features André 3000. Other big guest appearances confirmed, as the album was not fully complete, include Lil Wayne, Big K.R.I.T., Nelly and a song with T.I. titled "Arena". In addition he has worked with OneRepublic on a song and has been quoted as having: "the song of 2012 with a mega feature from somebody who never does features with anyone!". On November 15, 2011, B.o.B revealed he will be releasing a mixtape titled E.P.I.C. (Every Play Is Crucial) prior to the album's release. The mixtape was released on November 28, 2011, featuring guest appearances from Eminem, Mos Def, Roscoe Dash, Meek Mill, and Bun B amongst others and included production from Ryan Tedder to Lil C and Jim Jonsin.
While on set for the "Strange Clouds" music video, MTV interviewed B.o.B and confronted him of a rumor that he and T.I. are working on a collaborative album, B.o.B responded: "The joint album, it actually started as a joke. Tip would always refer to me as 'the Martian', and in one of his lyrics, he said, ‘It’s the man and the Martian,’ and we said, ‘Man that could be an album title.’ We kinda just played around with it. But it seems to be taking form in a very organic way." On December 1, 2011 B.o.B appeared on New York City's Hot 97 radio station and confirmed that he and T.I. are indeed working on a collaborative album titled The Man & The Martian.
On December 22, 2011, B.o.B released a snippet of "Play the Guitar", a promotional single, featuring André 3000 and a sample of "Fancy" as performed by Drake, T.I. and Swizz Beatz. "Play the Guitar" was later released to digital retailers on December 27, 2011. On February 14, 2012, B.o.B released a trailer for the second official single, "So Good". The song, produced by Ryan Tedder, was released on February 21. In 2012 in an interview with PopCush, B.o.B expressed his desire to work with Kid Cudi, James Blake and Skrillex: "I would also like to work with James Blake. That’d be crazy. I think me, James Blake and Kid Cudi should do a song and it should be produced by Skrillex. I think the sky would fall if we did that song and the sky would come down to Earth and party with us.". On March 20, 2012, B.o.B released the second promotional single from Strange Clouds titled "Where Are You (B.o.B vs. Bobby Ray)". "So Hard to Breathe" was released as the third promotional single on April 17, 2012. B.o.B appeared on Haley Reinhart's debut studio album Listen Up! on the intro track "Oh My". Strange Clouds, B.o.B's second studio album, was released May 1, 2012, to critical acclaim. The album debuted at No. 5, on the US Billboard 200, with 76,000 copies sold the first week. "Both of Us" serves as the album's third single and was sent to Top 40 Mainstream radio on May 22, 2012. The song features American country-singer Taylor Swift. It debuted on Australia Top 50 singles chart at No. 46. The song sold 143,000 copies first week, along with the album release, debuting at 18 on the Billboard Hot 100 and became the week's top debut.
2012–present: Underground Luxury and rock EP
On October 9, 2012, B.o.B was featured on the annual BET Hip Hop Awards cypher, alongside his Grand Hustle label-mates Iggy Azalea, T.I., Chip and Trae tha Truth. On November 15, 2012, B.o.B released his ninth mixtape, entitled Fuck 'Em We Ball. The mixtape features guest appearances from T.I., Juicy J, Mac Miller, Playboy Tre, Snoop Lion, Spodee and Iggy Azalea, with much of the production coming from B.o.B himself. The mixtape also spawned a single, with the release of the club banger, "We Still in This Bitch". In early December, B.o.B revealed to MTV plans to release a rock music-influenced extended play: "I’ve been holding back so much rock for so long. I have been performing with my band for a while, so I guess this is a real good canvas for me to paint on. No one’s really expecting anything so I can do what I want to do." He also spoke lightly on his third studio album as well: "My album is basically a continuation of The Adventures of Bobby Ray and Strange Clouds. I feel like it kinda bridges the gap between where all my fans are and finally getting everybody up to speed on what my sound is and exactly where I’m going."
While filming the video for "Memories Back Then", in an interview with Rap-Up, B.o.B spoke on a series of projects including his third album, a rock EP, and the Hustle Gang compilation. Rap-Up TV caught up with Bobby Ray, where he stated his rock EP is in the works and will reflect his diverse influences: "When I drop it, everyone’s gonna have an eargasm. It’s really how I fell in love with rock music, from indie to alternative to classic rock to even some forms of country music.” He spoke of his third album, which is nearing completion: "This project is a lot more effortless than anything because I've really shown the full spectrum of what I can do musically, so now I’m just having fun with it. I’m 24 years old, so I’m partying." In March, B.o.B teamed up with fellow Atlanta rapper Big Boi, of OutKast, to release the official theme song for the 2013 video game Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel; if pre-ordered the rappers were also playable characters. The song, titled "Double or Nothing", was accompanied with a music video directed and produced by Vice, Noisey and EA
On April 4, 2013 B.o.B revealed he would release his third studio album before the rock EP he had previously announced. On April 22, 2013 it was announced B.o.B would tour with fellow American rappers Wiz Khalifa, A$AP Rocky, Trinidad James, Joey Bada$$, and Smoke DZA, for the Under the Influence concert tour. The tour would then begin on July 17, 2013. On May 12, 2013 B.o.B tweeted: "Underground Luxury ... coming this summer... #staytuned", revealing the title of his third studio album. In May, B.o.B also premiered a music video for a newly released song of his titled "Through My Head". The video was directed by Peruvian film director Ricardo de Montreuil. On May 13, 2013 radio personality Funkmaster Flex premiered "HeadBand" (featuring 2 Chainz), the lead single from Underground Luxury. The song would be released to retail on May 21, 2013. The song has since peaked at No. 65 on the Billboard Hot 100. B.o.B later revealed in an early September interview, that the album would be released in December 2013.
On September 10, 2013, the second single from Underground Luxury, titled "Ready", was released to iTunes. The song, produced by Noel "Detail" Fisher", features fellow Atlanta-based rapper Future. In September 2013, B.o.B revealed he has plan to launch his own record label imprint. During an interview, he stated "I'm putting my CEO pants on, man. I'm finna start a label called HamSquad and I'm looking for artists to be the flagship artists for the label. So I'm really excited about that." In the same interview he announced Underground Luxury, would be released in December. B.o.B called his third album a “Career Shifting Project”, adding that the album will revolve around how his life has changed since achieving “major success”. On October 15, 2013 the music video for "Ready" was released. On October 17, 2013, during an interview on BET's 106 & Park, B.o.B announced that the album would be released on December 17, 2013.
Awards and nominations
|2010||American Music Awards||"Best Breakthrough"||B.o.B||Nominated|
|"Best Hip-Hop Artist"||Nominated|
|"Best Hip-Hop Album"||The Adventures of Bobby Ray||Nominated|
|BET Awards||"Best Male Hip-Hop Artist"||B.o.B||Nominated|
|"Best Collaboration"||Nothin' On You (with Bruno Mars)||Nominated|
|"Video of the Year"||Nominated|
|BET Hip Hop Awards||"Made-You-Look Award"||B.o.B||Nominated|
|"People's Champ Award"||Nominated|
|"Track of the Year"||Airplanes (with Hayley Williams)||Nominated|
|"Perfect Combo Award (* of the year"||Nothin' On You (with Bruno Mars)||Nominated|
|"Best Hip-Hop Video"||Nominated|
|"CD of the Year"||The Adventures of Bobby Ray||Nominated|
|MTV Video Music Awards||"Video of the Year"||Airplanes (with Hayley Williams)||Nominated|
|Best Male Video||Nominated|
|Best Hip-Hop Video||Nominated|
|Best Pop Video||Nothin' On You (with Bruno Mars)||Nominated|
|MTV Europe Music Awards||Best New Act||B.o.B||Nominated|
|Best Push Act||Nominated|
|Soul Train Awards||Best Song||Nothin' On You (with Bruno Mars)||Won|
|Best New Artist||B.o.B||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Rap Album||The Adventures of Bobby Ray||Nominated|
|Hook Up Song||Airplanes (with Hayley Williams)||Won|
|Best Single||Nothin' On You (with Bruno Mars)||Nominated|
|Male Breakout Artist||B.o.B||Nominated|
|Male Music Star||Nominated|
|Best Summer Song||Airplanes (with Hayley Williams)||Nominated|
|2011||BET Awards||Best Male Hip-Hop Artist||B.o.B||Nominated|
|Best Collaboration||Airplanes (with Hayley Williams)||Nominated|
|Video of the Year||Nominated|
|Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals||Airplanes Pt. 2 (with Hayley Williams and Eminem)||Nominated|
|Best Rap/Sung Collaboration||Nothin' On You (with Bruno Mars)||Nominated|
|Record of the Year||Nothin' On You (with Bruno Mars)||Nominated|
|Best Rap Song||Nominated|
|Best Rap Album||The Adventures of Bobby Ray||Nominated|
|MTV Video Music Awards Japan||Best New Artist Video||Nothin' On You (with Bruno Mars)||Nominated|
|NAACP Image Awards||Outstanding New Artist||B.o.B||Nominated|
|2012||Peoples Choice Awards||Favorite Hip-Hop Artist||B.o.B||Nominated|
|Grammy Awards||Album of the Year||Doo-Wops & Hooligans (with Bruno Mars, as featured artist)||Nominated|
- Interview With Bobby Ray a.k.a. B.o.B
- Cantor, Paul. Candy Shop (December/January 2011 ed.). XXL (magazine): Dennis S. Page. p. 83.
- B.o.B Makes His Hottest MCs in the Game Debut at #9
- "Video: B.o.B Speaks On 'The Man & The Martian' & Rock EP, Announces Hustle Gang Compilation Album". AllCityChessClub. January 9, 2013.
- Bain, Becky (April 20, 2010). "B.o.B On Loving Hayley Williams And Hating "Rap Politics"". Idolator.
- McCall, Tris (April 9, 2010). "Rapper B.o.B connects with the mainstream-pop audience". Nj.com.
- Burnett, John (May 13, 2008). "B.o.B: Hi, My Name Is...". Hip-Hop DX.
- Kennedy, Keith. "Featured Artist: B.o.B". TJsDJs.
- Cordor, Cyril. "B.o.B Biography". AOL.
- B.O.B - Haterz Everywhere / Cloud 9 (Vinyl) at Discogs
- Henry Adaso. "Top 100 Rap Songs of 2008". About.com. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- Adaso, Henry. Top 100 Rap Songs of 2008, About.com, December 30, 2008. Retrieved January 2, 2009.
- The Daily Kush (Asher Roth website)[dead link]
- XXL The 10 Freshman Shoot[dead link]
- B.o.B, Asher Roth & Charles Hamilton "Change Gonna Come"
- Vibe online, October 30, 2008
- Asher Paul Roth From MorrisVille, PA
- Interview with ATL Hip Hop Artist B.o.B
- "iTunes Preview: Eastside – EP". Apple. Archived from the original on April 13, 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- "iTunes Preview: 12th Dimension – EP". Apple. Archived from the original on April 25, 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- "First Look: XXL Freshman Class of ’09 Covers". highbridnation.com. October 21, 2008. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- "XXL’s Class of ’09 Cover: Top 10 Freshmen". hiphoppress.com. October 20, 2008. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- "B.o.B Gets Support from T.I., Introduces New Name". MTV. May 16, 2009. Retrieved 2012-01-08.
- "B.o.B Bobby Ray – Mr. Bobby". 2DopeBoyz. May 16, 2009. Retrieved 2012-01-08.
- "B.o.B vs. Bobby Ray (Mixtape)". 2DopeBoyz. June 22, 2009. Retrieved 2012-01-08.
- "Video: B.o.B – Put Me On (Reebok Classic Remix ’09)". NahRight. July 8, 2009. Retrieved 2012-01-08.
- Roberts, Steven (2009-07-17). "Kid Cudi, Asher Roth Want Hangover Tour To Be A 'Movement'" (mdy). MTV News. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- Kaufman, Gil (2009-06-03). "Asher Roth And Kid Cudi Hitting The Road For Great Hangover Tour" (mdy). MTV News. Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- "B.O.B Gets Release Date for Debut Album; New Mixtape [Tracks Included]". HipHopWired. January 13, 2010. Retrieved 2012-01-08.
- "Album of the Week: B.o.B "May 25th" Mixtape". Complex. February 2, 2010. Retrieved 2012-01-08.
- "May 25th (Mixtape)". 2DopeBoyz. February 1, 2010. Retrieved 2012-01-08.
- "B.O.B. ON GRAND HUSTLE DEBUT RELEASE DATE, "IF IT DOES CHANGE, IT'LL ONLY MOVE FORWARD AGAIN" [VIDEO]". SOHH. March 2, 2010. Retrieved 2012-01-08.
- Official website Retrieved: July 19, 2010.
- B.o.B Stars in Adidas Commercial – Billboard Underground | Billboard.com
- "MTV VMAS- About the Show". MTV.
- B.o.B and fun. to join Paramore on UK tour
- B.o.B On MTV's Unplugged | VIDEO | Def Pen Radio
- "B.o.B.". TVGuide.com. September 9, 2010.
- "B.o.B. Covers "New York, New York" for "Crysis 2" Ad". Complex.com. March 16, 2011.
- Crysis 2 Launch Trailer
- "B.o.B - EPIC: Every Play Is Crucial // Free Mixtape @ DatPiff.com". Mixtape released on November 28, 2011. DatPiff. Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- B.o.B. "No Future [Odd Future Diss]"
- "Ill Mind of Hopsin No. 4 (Tyler The Creator Diss)"
- iTunes - Music - Blow (Remix) [feat. B.o.B.] - Single by Ke$ha
- Rap-Up.com || New Music: Ke$ha f/ B.o.B – ‘Blow (Remix)’
- B.o.B. Is AKOO Clothing Brand’s Newest Ambassador!
- B.o.B. Is New Face Of Akoo
- Music Superstar B.o.B Joins The AKOO Clothing Brand Ambassador Program
- B.o.B Debuts ‘Strange Clouds’ ft Lil Wayne In Colorado : KillerHipHop.com
- Video: B.o.B. ft. T.I. & Young Jeezy – Strange Clouds (Remix)
- Q&A with B.o.B
- B.o.B Says He's "90 Percent Done" With Recording Sophomore Album | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX
- Strange Clouds ft. Lil Wayne Trailer
- . iTunes.com. Retrieved September 29, 2011.
- V103 On Air on USTREAM: The number one Urban station in the Southeast is bringing Black Holloywood right to your fingertips. Community news, entertainment
- "Exclusive Interview: B.o.B Talks "Strange Clouds" The Album At First Listening Session". Bombonem.com. October 26, 2011.
- B.o.B - EPIC: Every Play Is Crucial // Free Mixtape @ DatPiff.com
- "T.I./B.o.B Joint Album 'Started As A Joke'". MTV. November 29, 2011.
- "B.o.B Confirms Joint Album w/ T.I. (Video)'". 2DopeBoyz. December 1, 2011.
- "B.o.B – Play The Guitar f. Andre 3000 [Snippet]". 2DopeBoyz. December 22, 2011.
- "B.o.B – So Good (Preview)". 2DopeBoyz. February 14, 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- Sara D. Anderson (February 28, 2012). "B.O.B HOPES TO WORK WITH KID CUDI, JAMES BLAKE, SKRILLEX". PopCrush. Retrieved February 29, 2012.
- Music Charts, Most Popular Music, Music by Genre & Top Music Charts | Billboard
- Latest Music News, Band, Artist, Musician & Music Video News | Billboard
- "HIP HOP AWARDS EXCLUSIVES: THE GRAND HUSTLE CYPHER". BET. Black Entertainment Television LLC. October 9, 2012. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- "B.o.B - Fuck Em We Ball // Free Mixtape @ DatPiff.com". 15 November 2012. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "B.o.B Reveals Rock EP Plans (Video)". 10 December 2012. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "RAP-UP TV: B.O.B READIES THIRD ALBUM, ROCK EP". Rap-Up. 20 March 2013. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "Big Boi and B.o.B. Star in Army of TWO: The Devil's Cartel Game, Watch "Double or Nothing" Video". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved March 15, 2013.
- Simmons, Bobby Ray (4 April 2013). Twitter (B.o.B) https://twitter.com/bobatl/status/319966483474169856
|url=missing title (help). Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Wiz Khalifa Unites A$AP Rocky, B.o.B. For Under The Influence Tour - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV.com. 2013-04-22. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- "Wiz Khalifa, A$AP Rocky, & B.o.B Launch ‘Under the Influence of Music’ Tour". Rap-Up.com. 2013-07-18. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- Simmons, Bobby Ray (12 May 2013). Twitter (B.o.B) https://twitter.com/bobatl/status/333697246912724992
|url=missing title (help). Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "B.o.B. - "Through My Head"". HipHopDX. Cheri Media Group. May 20, 2013. Retrieved May 20, 2013.
- "B.o.B – HeadBand f. 2 Chainz (prod. DJ Mustard)". 2DopeBoyz. 14 May 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- Staff (October 15, 2013). "B.o.B – Ready f. Future (Video)". 2DopeBoyz. Retrieved October 15, 2013.
- "B.o.B Announces ‘Underground Luxury’ Release Date". Rap-Up.com. 2010-10-18. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to B.o.B.|