Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures
|Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures|
Bucket & Skinner
|Created by||Boyce Bugliari
|Theme music composer||Michael Corcoran, Nick Hexum and Zack Hexum|
|Opening theme||"No Worries" by Taylor Gray and Dillon Lane|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Thomas W. Lynch
|Location(s)||Pacific Bluffs, California (setting)
Sunset Bronson Studios, Los Angeles, California (filming location)
|Camera setup||Videotape (Filmized); Multi-camera|
|Running time||23-24 minutes (approx.)|
|Production company(s)||Tom Lynch Company Studios
|Original channel||Nickelodeon (2011 - 2012)
TeenNick (2012 - 2013)
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original run||July 1, 2011– May 1, 2013|
Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures is an American teen sitcom that premiered on Nickelodeon on July 1, 2011. The first half of the first season ended on October 7, 2011. After a five-month hiatus, the second half premiered March 17, 2012. Ashley Argota confirmed on July 5, 2012 that Nickelodeon has cancelled the show. According to Argota, it is unknown if the rest of the episodes will air in the US, however all episodes were broadcast in other countries. On December 22, 2012 TeenNick aired the previous never before seen in the US, Christmas episode. Starting March 27, 2013, the previous 7 never before aired in the US episodes aired on TeenNick in the US.
The series follows two friends from the fictional California town of Pacific Bluffs. Often, the boys act quite sporadically leading them to multiple conflicts.
- Bucket (Taylor Gray) - Bucket is a freshman in high school. He is Skinner's best friend. He spends his time surfing and trying to impress Kelly, his crush. His main competitor for Kelly's affections is Aloe. Aloe dislikes Bucket because he cut him off his board when he was five. He is Three Pieces's nephew. He is shown to be slightly smarter than Skinner and a bit more realistic.
- Skinner (Dillon Lane) - Skinner is Bucket's best friend and an avid surfer. He is not very bright and his desire for epic adventures often get the two of them into difficult situations. In the episode "Epic Musical" it is shown that he has a photographic memory, and in the episode "Epic Escape" it is shown that he is a very skilled ventriloquist.
- Kelly Peckinpaugh (Ashley Argota) - Kelly is a great surfer. She works part-time at a surf shop and is the object of Bucket's affections. However, she does not seem to notice. In the episode "Epic Jobs," she was working as a junior lifeguard with Aloe.
- Piper Peckinpaugh (Tiffany Espensen) - Piper is Kelly's smart younger sister and the secondary antagonist of the show. She uses her wits to get what she wants by coming up with various sneaky plans. She has a crush on Skinner, but she hates Bucket for an unknown reason. She also helps Three Pieces with many of his problems.
- John "Aloe" Aloysius (Glenn McCuen) - Aloe is Bucket's arch-rival, and the primary antagonist of the show. He uses his money and popularity to embarrass Bucket and Skinner whenever he gets the chance. He is almost always accompanied by a student named Sven. He is very muscular, he has amazing pecs and abs. Aloe seems to like ribbon dancing as shown in "Epic Dancer". He is the captain of the varsity surf team. He has an 8-year-old brother, as mentioned in "Epic Girls". He also has feelings for Kelly.
- Three Pieces (George Back) - Three Pieces is Bucket's uncle and the owner of the local surf shop. He is a former surf champion and is always trying to impress the ladies. In the episode "Epic Dancer", it revealed that he got his nickname after his surfboard broke into three pieces while he was surfing a big wave. He is friends with all of Bucket's friends. In "Epic Musical," he shows himself to be a great singer.
- Sven (D.C. Cody) - Sven is Aloe's best friend. He is not very bright and possibly nicer than Aloe but does whatever he asks of him including embarrassing Bucket and Skinner.
- Blake Dunkirk (Brian Craig) - Blake is Kelly's boyfriend. He is a jock. He has been in five episodes.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|Series premiere||Series finale|
|1||26||July 1, 2011||May 1, 2013|
Nickelodeon released Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures on its US network on July 1, 2011, with the show then going on a 5 month hiatus and is now cancelled. The series was rolled out to the Canadian network, Nickelodeon (Canada) on September 10, 2011 and is still showing new episodes. Nickelodeon (Greece) started airing it on September 7, 2012. It was announced at the Children's Media Conference 2012 that Nickelodeon (UK & Ireland) will premiere the series on September 10, 2012. It was announced in late 2012 that Nickelodeon (Germany), Nickelodeon (France), Nickelodeon (Italy) and Nickelodeon (Latin America) will also be premiering the series in September 2012. It was announced that Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures will air in October 2012 on Nickelodeon Australia. These countries have shown episodes that have not aired in the US.
List of countries showing the series
- Nickelodeon Greenlights Multi-Camera Comedy Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures, Plans Packed First Quarter of New Series Premieres, prnewswire.com
- Bucket & Skinner’s Epic Adventures, tvtickets.com
- Nickelodeon Debuts New Live-Action Series, 'Bucket & Skinner’s Epic Adventures' July 1 - TV by the Numbers
- "Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures Press Site". NickPress.com. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures at the Internet Movie Database
- Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures at TV.com