|City of license||Edmonton, Alberta|
|Branding||92.5 Fresh Radio|
|Slogan||Love The Music|
|Frequency||92.5 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||January, 2004|
|Sister stations||CHED, CHQT, CISN-FM|
|Website||92.5 Fresh Radio|
Since Corus's other adult hits station in Kitchener, Ontario flipped to mainstream rock, CKNG-FM was the only adult hits station owned by Corus until 2011, when CHAY-FM flipped from adult contemporary to adult hits.
CKNG is owned by Corus Entertainment and has previously been known as Power 92, when they had the popular "phrase that pays" of "Power 92 plays today's best music, now show me my money!" Power 92 was the top listened-to FM station in Edmonton during its existence. When Corus bought CKNG, they rebranded the station. With the rebranding, it was changed to simply "I listen to Joe".
For the 2013 winter season, CKNG was the tenth most listened to station with a 5.1% share.
The station launched as CJAX-FM, later changing its call letters to CKNG-FM. By 1991, CKNG-FM became Power 92, a contemporary hit radio station, starting the top 40 format with The Power by Snap. The station retired its longtime top 40 format in June 2003, and became a hot adult contemporary radio station as Power 92.5. After seven months as a hot AC station, the station flipped to adult hits, taking the format from sister station CHQT, which returned to oldies. The last song on "Power" was The Power by Snap! (also the first song under the station's top 40 Power 92 era). The station then stunted for an hour with classic TV songs before "Joe FM" launched at 5 PM, launching with Good Times Roll by The Cars.
On October 1, 2014, the station began promoting itself as 925 Fresh Radio, and formally changed to that name on February 13, 2015.
- Dani Rohs - Weekday morning co-host of the Fresh Mornings show from 5:30 am to 10:00 am.
- Jay Hat - Weekday morning co-host of the Fresh Mornings show from 5:30 am to 10:00 am.
- Derek Allen - Midday weekday host, on the air from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm; also does morning chopper traffic for Fresh Radio, Global Edmonton, and CISN
- Jackie Jeffrey - fill-in on-air host and morning traffic
- Stacy Woodward - fill-in morning traffic
- Alex Hindmarch - Afternoon weekday host of the show Drive Home / The Alex Hindmarch Show from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Scott Hackman - Weekday evening host from 7:00 pm to 12:00 am
- Andrea Taylor - Weekend host from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on Saturday, and 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm on Sunday.
- Non-Stop Saturday Night - 6:00 pm to 12:00 am
- Love Guru with Deb Macleod - weekdays
Former on-air personalities
- Audie Lynds - now at 96.3 Capital FM
- The Be Arthurs
- Bryan Fustukian
- C.R. Nichols - morning news
- Ceara K - now at 107.3 KooL FM
- Daintre Christensen - morning traffic; currently with Global Edmonton traffic anchor/morning show
- Gary James - Power/JOE FM morning DJ, now at 95.7 Cruz FM
- J'lyn Nye - Fresh Mornings, now at 630 CHED
- Jonny Sullivan - Fresh Mornings
- Kevin Robertson - morning news
- Marsha Tate
- Maureen Holloway - Mon-Fri at 7:40am with The Last Word
- Pat Staron - Fresh Mornings
- Rhubarb Jones
- Ryann Bradley - now at 95.7 Cruz FM
- Shannon Fox - now at ADTEL
- Taylor Smith - Fresh Evenings, now at Sonic FM
- "BBM Canada Top-line Radio Statistics S4 2008". BBM Canada. Archived from the original on December 2, 2008. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- "PPM Top-line Radio Statistics: Edmonton CMA (August 27-November 25, 2012)". BBM Canada. December 6, 2012. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- "PPM Top-line Radio Statistics: Edmonton CMA (November 25, 2013-February 23, 2014)". BBM Canada. March 6, 2014. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- Marty Forbes, Built right - from the ground up - great radio stations last a long time!, April 13, 2012. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- Edmonton’s JOE FM flips to FRESH FM from Radio West / Canadian Radio News, January 9, 2013
- "On Air". Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- 92.5 Fresh Radio
- CKNG-FM history at Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CKNG-FM