|This article is outdated. (May 2014)|
Caofeidian (Chinese: 曹妃甸; pinyin: cáo fēi diàn) is a land reclamation-converted economic development zone in Bohai Bay under the jurisdiction of Caofeidian District, Tangshan City, Hebei Province, China.
The island is 200 km from Beijing, the island spans 60 km2 and is a 2005-listed pilot area for the development of a Recyclable/Circular Economy (Industrial ecology) in China. Huadian Power and PetroChina have some of their energy bases there. The island is expected to have a population of 300,000 by 2010.
- Caofeidian District
- Geography of China
- List of islands
- List of islands by area
- List of islands of China
- China's new development zone to takes shape near Beijing (2009-01-28)
- List of Chinese islands by area (Chinese)
- Project of Comprehensive Development and Construction of Tangshan Caofeidian Eco-City 2008-06-13 tangshan.gov.cn
- Caofeidian by Jessie Tao 2006-03-01 16:05 (chinadaily.com.cn)
- A new jewel rising from the Tangshan Bay area
|This Tangshan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|