Chavakkad Beach is beach in Chavakkad Municipality of Thrissur District in Kerala State. It lies on the coast of Arabian Sea and attracts domestic tourists and local people. The beach is situated 5 Kilometers from Guruvayoor Temple Sri Krishna Temple. In this beach, the river meets the sea known as estuary. The meeting point is known as Azhimokam in Malayalam. It is counted amongst Kerala’s most popular beaches because the beach is unexplored by domestic tourists.
How to reach
- National Highway 17 (India) passes through Chavakkad town which comes from Kochi in the south and goes to Mangalore through Malabar to the north.
- Chavakkad have a private bus terminal where you can get buses to Thrissur, Kochi, Guruvayoor, Kozhikode and Ponnani
- Kerala State Road Transport Corporation buses ply from Guruvayoor and Kozhikode passes through Chavakkad town.
- Auto rickshaw also ply in Chavakkad town.
- Guruvayur Railway Station is the nearest station to Chavakkad Beach. The line comes from Thrissur Railway Station and terminates at Guruvayoor. There are two passenger trains to Ernakulum Railway Station and one passenger train to Thrissur Railway Station. One express goes to Chennai also.
- For long distance trains, Thrissur Railway Station is the major rail head from where you can get all South Indian and North Indian trains.
- Cochin International Airport is the nearest airport to Chavakkad Beach which is 80 Kilometres away. Domestic and international flights are available from here.
- Calicut International Airport is around 104 Kilometres away from Chavakkad Beach.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chavakkad Beach.|