Dead Space 3
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013)|
|Dead Space 3|
Cover art depicting series protagonist Isaac Clarke
|Producer(s)||Steve Papoutsis (executive)|
|Release date(s)||NA February 5, 2013
AU February 7, 2013
EU February 8, 2013
|Media/distribution||Blu-ray Disc, DVD, download|
Dead Space 3 (stylized as DEAD SPACE3) is a third-person shooter survival horror video game developed by Visceral Games and published by Electronic Arts. Announced at E3 2012 on June 4, 2012 and released internationally in February 2013, it is the sequel to Dead Space 2 and the third main entry in the Dead Space series.
Dead Space 3 pits returning protagonist Isaac Clarke and new co-op character Sgt. John Carver against the Necromorphs, human corpses reanimated by the signal of an alien artifact known as the Marker. The Resource Integration Gear (RIG) suit returns, using holographic displays projected from the players' suit and weapons to display health and ammo count, respectively. In vacuum areas, a timer will appear on the player's right shoulder, indicating how much oxygen that character has left before they suffocate.
Isaac and Carver can roll and take cover to avoid attacks. This new ability was described by a Visceral Games developer as essential, as it "felt dumb/terrible not to have it" and that they have been "making Isaac more responsive", as they "want the horror to come from the terrible things that happen in the game; not from the horror that something is moving slowly towards you and you can't shoot it because the game controls like a piece of crap." The cover system is also described as "organic" in nature; for example, the player does not need to "walk up to certain tagged things and press the cover button; Clarke or Carver just does the action that is appropriate for the given situation."
Aside from the returning Necromorphs, Dead Space 3 features a large cast of new enemies. One example is the Waster, whose attacks change depending on how it is dismembered; while another is the Nexus, an insect-like giant that can crush or swallow people whole. Other obstacles in Dead Space 3 include a new human enemy, Unitologist soldiers; and environmental hazards like falling machinery and a giant mining drill.
The Bench weapon upgrade system from Dead Space and Dead Space 2 has been redesigned as a new upgrading system called the "Weapon Bench". Here, players are able to construct new weapons from parts gathered throughout the game. The bench provides two main frames to start with—a light one-hand frame and a heavy two-hand frame—and players can build new weapons and put two weapons together (for example, a plasma cutter and a flamethrower). Examples of weapon functions include an electric rivet gun and an incendiary buzzsaw launcher. If a player does not want to build a weapon from scratch, they can choose from ready-made blueprints, including classic Dead Space and Dead Space 2 weapons. Built weapons can also be shared in co-op mode.
Co-operative gameplay 
Dead Space 3 has a drop-in/drop-out online co-op mode for its campaign, which was announced at Electronic Arts's E3 2012 press conference, stating that it will unlock "additional story details and gameplay mechanics only found when playing as the co-op character, EarthGov Sergeant John Carver." Each player will have alternate experiences as a result of their characters' dementia. For example, the player controlling Carver will find toy soldiers in a biology facility, while the player controlling Clarke will not see them. Co-op also puts the players in separate situations: for example, when Carver tries to open a door, he suddenly becomes trapped in his own mind (echoing a similar situation in Dead Space 2,) forcing Clarke to protect him from a sudden surge of Necromorphs until Carver can free himself.
A Visceral Games employee has confirmed it was "always intended to have co-op in Dead Space", citing co-op supporting game System Shock 2 as a source of inspiration for the Dead Space series. He also pointed out that if the player chooses to play alone, Carver "may appear at some points (as do other non-player characters) but for the most part he is not there."
Dead Space 3 includes three co-op only levels.
|This section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (April 2013)|
The game opens on Tau Volantis, an ice-covered planet with an irregularly-shaped moon, where Sovereign Colonies Armed Forces (S.C.A.F.) Privates Tim Kaufman and Sam Ackerman are attempting to retrieve a mysterious object called the Codex for Dr. Earl Serrano. After fleeing Necromorphs and finding the codex, Ackerman dies in an avalanche, forcing Kaufman to report alone to his commanding officer, General Mahad. Mahad, being the only other survivor, executes Kaufman, purges the Codex data, and commits suicide.
220 years later, Isaac Clarke and Ellie Langford have become romantically involved and then separated. Taking Isaac from his apartment located on the moon, Captain Robert Norton and Sergeant John Carver explain they are the last battalion of EarthGov, and they require Isaac's help to find Ellie and her missing team. Fleeing, the trio is attacked by Unitologist soldiers; during the escape, Unitologist contingent Jacob Danik activates a Marker near the colony, causing another Necromorph outbreak. Isaac, Carver, and Norton use this outbreak to their advantage, managing to escape aboard the USM Eudora.
Norton manages to trace Ellie's last transmission to Tau Volantis and the 200-year-old ruins of its colony. The group tries to reach Ellie's SOS signal; however, the Eudora breaks apart due to mines left in orbit of the planet. Norton, Carver, and Isaac manage to escape the exploding Eudora, reaching the derelict CMS Roanoke, which is infested with Necromorphs. They succeed in rescuing the "Marker Team", consisting of Ellie, Jennifer Santos, and Austin Buckell, and Isaac learns about Ellie and Norton's new relationship. Isaac soon discovers that Tau Volantis is the Marker Home World, and that the expedition 200 years ago involved a Machine and the phrase "turn it off". Despite Norton's protests that any such attempt would be a suicide mission, the team attempts to land on Tau Volantis; however, mines and debris tears the shuttle apart and separates Isaac and Carver from the rest of the crew.
Discovering Buckell, who helps them before dying from hypothermia, Isaac and Carver are able to locate the others, and plan to track down the Machine. Finding a recording from General Mahad, it's discovered that 200 years ago SCAF had discovered Necromorphs buried beneath on the planet and experimented on them, only for an outbreak to occur; as a result, Mahad's team murdered all survivors and destroyed all evidence to prevent further outbreak. Isaac frequently finds himself clashing with Norton, who sees Isaac as competition for Ellie's love; it's soon discovered that the Unitologists inexplicably followed them to Tau Volantis, before Norton explains he betrayed Isaac and plans to exchange him to Danik for a ship to return home. Danik, going against his deal, attempts to murder Norton along with Isaac and Carver; after the trio escapes following Necromorph interference, Norton attempts to murder Isaac, forcing him to kill Norton in self-defense.
Isaac, Carver, Ellie, and Santos make for an abandoned science facility on the side of a mountain. Santos has found records of a Codex located there, created by someone named Rosetta. After Santos dies during the ascent, the team manages to reassemble a frozen Rosetta, who is found to be an alien. Experiencing a vision, Isaac discovers Tau Volantis is not the Marker homeworld, but a homeworld of aliens who, like humanity, discovered the Markers and were consumed by it. The planet's moon is actually a Necromorph, and is the result of the Convergence event foretold by Unitology; before it could complete and consume all life in the galaxy, a Machine was built to freeze Tau Volantis and force the "Brethren Moon" into a state of dormancy. The command to "turn it off" is actually a command transmitted from the Markers themselves, who wish the Machine disabled to reawaken the Brother Moon. Isaac, acquiring the Codex, discovers Danik is holding Ellie and Carver hostage. Ellie, confessing her love for Isaac, sacrifices herself to allow Isaac and Carver to escape, and the two pursue Danik down into the planet to the Machine.
The duo then finds a video log from Serrano, who explains that with Codex, the Machine can either free the moon or destroy it. He and Carver regain control of the Codex, but are forced to surrender it to Danik when he reveals Ellie is still alive and he is holding her hostage. Danik shuts off the Machine, but he is killed by falling debris as Convergence restarts. Isaac puts Ellie aboard an escape craft, shares one final kiss with her, and then works with Carver to reconfigure the Machine and destroy the Brother Moon. The two succeed, and as the moon smashes down into the surface of Tau Volantis, destroying the Markers and the Necromorphs forever, Isaac and Carver are swept away. Ellie watches from space, and then tearfully turns her ship back towards Earth.
In a post-credits scene, an static-filled audio log briefly plays, with Isaac calling out to Ellie.
After the battle with the Brethren Moon over Tau Volantis, Isaac Clarke and John Carver wake up on the surface of Tau Volantis, shocked to find out that after falling to their near death, they are still alive. They then make their way across the surface of the frozen planet, finding memories of the horror they had experienced. After finding out that the Marker signal was still causing insanity, suicide and Necromorphs, they battled through more of the threat that Isaac and Carver had just faced. They then found out about a Unitoligist ship that can take them back to Earth. After witnessing many ships lift off, they find out that the Shockpoint Drive in the ship is missing. It can only take them to the CMS Terra Nova.
Once aboard the Terra Nova, Isaac and Carver must find a way to restore power to the derelict CMS Terra Nova and find a new Shockpoint Drive in order to return to Earth. However, within the halls of the old Sovereign Colonies ship, they encounter the remnants of The Circle who've taken refuge inside and begun a new following in the name of the Necromorphs. After dealing with members of the Circle, as well as their own insanity, Isaac and Carver find a new ShockPoint Drive, but Isaac is now losing his mind. He protests installing the ShockPoint Drive into the ship, because he happens to think that if they install the ShockPoint Drive, the Brethren Moons will follow them to Earth, and kill everyone living there. After Isaac and Carver have a hallucination of fighting each other, the hallucination is interrupted by another hallucination, in which the Brethren Moons reveal that they were only slowing Isaac and Carver down, and that they have known where Earth was all along.
After regaining his sanity, Isaac admits that Carver was right all along. He agrees to install the Shockpoint Drive into the Terra Nova. However, Carver then recalls that the Audio Logs hinted that the reactor could power up enough energy in the engine to go into shockspace and return to Earth. They toss the ShockPoint Drive into the reactor, and they overload the reactor by dumping plutonium cores which generates enough power to enter Shockspace. After returning to the bridge, they activate the ship and return to Earth, after attempting to communicate with Earth, they hear transmissions of people getting slaughtered by Necromorphs. When they look out of the cockpit of the Terra Nova, they notice that the Brethren Moons have already arrived and are attacking Earth.
One of the Moons comes up in front of the Terra Nova, crashing the ship and knocking Isaac and Carver unconscious.
|This section is incomplete. (February 2013)|
In September 2011, a video was posted via IGN suggesting that Dead Space 3 was in production, showing art in development for the game. Visceral Games had leaked some information about the game including the setting and story.
On May 7, 2012, it was announced that a new Dead Space title was being developed for release by March 2013. Game Informer unveiled a new image from Dead Space 3 showing Isaac wearing a fur-covered snow suit somewhere on Tau Volantis. The game was shown at E3 2012 in June 2012. That same month, Electronic Arts president Frank Gibeau stated "we definitely do not want to piss off our fans" by toning down the horror content in Dead Space 3. "We tried to open up the accessibility of the [franchise] a little bit by adding a little bit more action, but not undermining the horror."
The limited edition of Dead Space 3 came with two bonus suits and weapons. GameStop pre-orders included the EG-900 SMG, a compact Earthgov submachine gun sporting an internal hyper-accelerator. The PC edition of the game will only be available through EA's Origin service - it can still be purchased at retail, but must be linked to an Origin account.
A playable demo was released on January 22, 2013, on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network. Xbox 360 owners who signed up on the official Dead Space website were able to access the demo one week early.
Launch event 
The official launch event for Dead Space 3 in the UK took place at Game in Swansea Morfa Retail Park. The launch event was held there on 7 February at 10:00PM, the night before the release and will be sold at 00:01 8 February after Electronic Arts ran a competition between all Game stores in the UK asking how would they launch Dead Space 3.
Downloadable content 
The first story DLC Dead Space 3: Awakened was released on March 12, 2013 on all platforms and an official launch event was held on the day of its release. The story of the DLC takes place immediately after the ending of Dead Space 3.
|Official Xbox Magazine (UK)||7/10|
Dead Space 3 received generally positive reviews. Game Informer gave the game 9.75/10 saying, "Dead Space 3 evolves the winning formula into a title not only befitting of the fantastic series, but also one of the best games of this generation." Polygon gave the game 9.5/10 saying, "Visceral hasn't just avoided screwing up its game with co-op — it has made it feel natural and at home, and has done it without impacting the single-player experience in any negative way. That alone would be enough to make Dead Space 3 an achievement. But the new crafting system and bigger, more open level structure join co-op to make Dead Space 3 one of the best action games in years."
GameSpot gave the game 8/10 saying, "This is a game rife with options and flexibility, building on the strengths of the franchise with clever new ideas that let you tailor the experience to your liking. It hits a few sour notes in its story and struggles at times when it steps away from the core combat, but Dead Space 3 is a thrilling and worthwhile sequel." Hardcore Gamer gave it 4/5 saying, "Sure, it has a larger scope and a more intriguing storyline, but there are some questionable design choices mixed in with the thought of déjà vu. Regardless, Dead Space 3 retains its horror brilliance in offering a moody, atmospheric adventure full of exciting events." Destructoid gave the game 8/10, stating "Dead Space 3 could have been the best entry in the series, and in many ways, it still does provide some of the franchise's most energetic, thrilling, entertaining moments. The changes thrown into the game inevitably damage its charm, though, and make this a step down from its prequels."
VideoGamer.com reported information from a confidential source concerning the cancellation of Dead Space 4 following "lower than anticipated" sales of Dead Space 3, having fallen 26.6%. This information tallied with EA Labels president Frank Gibeau's comment that "In general we're thinking about how we make this a more broadly appealing franchise, because ultimately you need to get to audience sizes of around five million to really continue to invest in an IP like Dead Space."
- Fletcher, JC (2012-08-14). "Dead Space 3 out Feb. 5 in North America, Feb. 8 in Europe". Joystiq. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Dead SpaceTM 3 Official Announce Trailer - E3 2012" (Trailer). YouTub. Visceral Games. 2012. Retrieved August 8, 2012. "Sgt. John Carver: Let's get one thing straight, Clarke: we came to this frozen shithole to stop the Markers and nothing—not you, or your obsession with Ellie—is gonna get in my way. You got that? […] / Isaac Clarke: I know why I'm doin' this."
- "Dead Space 3".
- Dead Space 3 Eudora Gameplay Walkthrough (YouTube). September 28, 2012. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRh4fvYPZlI. Retrieved November 21, 2012. "Isaac: [after fighting off Necromorphs aboard the Roanoke] Aw, shit—holy shit! / Unnamed Male (radio) Wh-What is it? What's goin' on?! / Isaac: I just got jumped by what's left of the crew! / Unnamed Male (radio): What?! No, nobody could've survived out here for that long— / Sgt. Carver (radio): They didn't survive. They got turned into those…things. / Unnamed Male (radio): …Wh - okay, wha—what do we do? / Isaac: You keep your weapon ready, and you stay the hell away from the ventilation ducts. If they get close, shoot for the limbs. You got that?"
- "Visceral Games developer clarifies Co-Op, Human Enemies, Rolls, and Cover system". Retrieved June 11, 2012.
- Dead SpaceTM 3 First Official Gameplay (YouTube). 11 July 2012. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImFplpcXIIU. "Sgt. Carver: [as the two enter an excavation site] What the hell is that? / Isaac: Looks like a drill. The warehouse should be up ahead. / Sgt. Carver: Man, we better find a way to move it. […] [after activating and freeing the drill] A-haha! Now we're gettin' somewhere - ! [The drill starts to enter the drilling area] / Isaac: Oh, shit. Back up, back up! Get outta the way! [Necromorphs enter] Stay out of its path! […] / Steve Papoutsis: All right, so if giant drills was not enough, we've taken it up a notch. Check out this giant boss battle here–this is the Nexus. And, the ending is just insane. The team did a phenominal job. Take a look. / […] Isaac: [upon seeing the Nexus] Come on! Are you f[***]ing kidding me?!"
- Dead Space 3 | Weapon Crafting Gameplay (YouTube). Electronic Arts. August 15, 2012. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ZJuCqQSU0. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- Visceral Games. "Weapons Bulider". Dead Space 3 Official Website. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "Dead Space 3 delivers horror which 'far exceeds anything' Visceral has done before". Retrieved June 4, 2012.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 2. (Electronic Arts). PC (Microsoft Windows), PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 15. (2011-01-25)
- "Dead Space 3: In Co-Op, You'll Face The Madness Alone". YouTube. GameSpot. 8 November 2012. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- Dead SpaceTM 3 First Official Gameplay (YouTube). 11 July 2012. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImFplpcXIIU. "[Singleplayer Gameplay] Isaac: Carver! Down here! / Sgt. Carver: Clarke! How the hell did y - nevermind! C'mon, we're […] oh, shit! […] / Steve Papoutsis: […] The other thing you're gonna get to see real soon is an all-new human enemy, which are Unitologist soldiers. So, take a look. […] / [Co-op Gameplay] Sgt. Carver: [grabs Isaac's shoulder] Hey. / Isaac: What? / Sgt. Carver: [goes around to face Isaac] Let's get one thing straight, Clarke: we can to this frozen shithole to stop the Markers and nothing—not you, or your obsession with Ellie—is gonna get in my way. You got that? / Isaac: I know why I'm doin' this. Do you? [breaks Carver's grip and walks to a generator nearby] Let's get this lift powered up. With any luck, everyone'll be waiting for us past the gates."
- Visceral Games (December 13, 2012). Dead Space 3 Cliffs of Volantis Demo. IGN. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_KFfiIK-A. Retrieved December 24, 2012.
- "Dead Space 3 Co-Op Missions".
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Prologue: Beginnings. (5 February 2013)
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 1: Rude Awakening. (5 February 2013) "Cpt. Norton: I don't have a lot of time, so I'll make this brief. I understand that you're something of an expert on Markers. Your created one - / Isaac: I didn't make shit! Your government made me! / Cpt. Norton: And you destroyed two. Which is why we're here: we've got a job for you. / Isaac: No. No! I'm done with that! You find somebody else for your suicide mission! / Cpt. Norton: We did. And before we lost contact with her... [shows photo of Ellie] She told us to find you."
- "Dead Space 3 - Two Ways to Play Trailer". YouTube. Visceral Games. Retrieved December 16, 2012.
- "Dead Space 3 Will Have Co-Op, Be Out February 2013". Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- Dead Space 3 - The Story so far (Web (YouTube)). Visceral Games. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEVmDaDM5xw. Retrieved December 25, 2012.
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 2: On Your Own. (5 February 2013) "Cpt. Norton: [over the ship's PA system] Alright, everyone, listen up. Thirteen days ago, Agent Ellie Langford and her team attempted a blind shock to an uncharted planet that she believes holds the secret to stopping this Marker epidemic. But, we've been unable to make contact. Our number one priority is finding and securing Agent Langford and her team."
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. (5 February 2013)
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 4: History's Ember. (5 February 2013) "Isaac: [to Carver] You could've warned me about Ellie and the Captain. / Sgt. Carver: No one cares about your love life, Marker Boy."
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 4: History's Ember. (5 February 2013) "Ellie (audio): This is exactly what we've been looking for! This isn't just some random planet, Isaac! They found the source! The Marker homeworld!"
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 7: Mayhem. (5 February 2013) "Cpt. Norton: Ellie, I know this is how it all started, but we are in way over our heads! We can't take on a whole planet of those goddamn things! / Ellie: If not us, then who? EarthGov is gone, Robert! We're the only [ones who can save humanity], and you know it!"
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 10: Now We Know. (5 February 2013)
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 12: Autopsy. (5 February 2013) "Danik: Here he is: the Marker killer, Isaac Clarke. And here we are: the "Marker homeworld". You know, I must admit, I [almost] didn't believe this place existed. But thanks to your friend Norton, I've finally found it. / Sgt. Carver: [quietly, to Isaac] That's how they followed us through shockspace. […] / Cpt. Norton: He only wants Isaac, Carver. The rest of is can go home. / Sgt. Carver: [furious] You delusional son of a bitch—! [tries to attack Norton, only for a Unitologist soldier to grab him] […] / Danik: […] Now I just have one problem left to purge: all of you. / Cpt. Norton: [realizing] [No no!] You promised me a ship, Danik! We had a deal!"
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 12: Autopsy. (5 February 2013) "Cpt. Norton: [kicks Isaac in the chest] YOU made us come down here! YOU encouraged her! Now look where we are! Between Danik shooting at us and, whatever the f**k that was, what chance have we got?! / Isaac: You betrayed us—! / Cpt. Norton: No, I was trying to SAVE us! You're the problem here, Clarke! But not anymore. [steps back, ready to shoot] / Sgt. Carver: [stepping forward] Captain! / Cpt. Norton: [shoots at Carver's feet; Carver backs off] Stand down, Sargeant! [to Isaac] This is all your f**king fault! She doesn't love you! [Isaac manages to shoot Norton in the head, instantly killing him] / Isaac: [realizing what he'd done; horrified] Oh, f**k… Oh, F**K! / Sgt. Carver: C'mon. He won't stay dead forever, not around here. / Isaac: What am I gonna tell Ellie…? / Sgt. Carver: [looking Isaac in the eye] Hey. You tell her the truth. Now let's go."
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 13: Reach for the Sky. (5 February 2013) "Ellie: Isaac! …Where's Robert? Is he…? […] / Isaac: …I shot him, Ellie. / Ellie: [in disbelief] What…?! / Isaac: I'm sorry. I had no choice. / Sgt. Carver: [stepping in] Norton betrayed us, Ellie! He was ready to kill us! Isaac did what he had to do to save the mission."
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 13: Reach for the Sky. (5 February 2013) "Ellie: [as Isaac and Carver winch the lift to the top; stepping off] See? That wasn't so bad. / Santos: [picking up the gear] Not bad? I was crying the whole way! Just get me some solid ground under my— [Suddenly, the Snow Monster Necromorph lands on the lift, with Santos still on board.] Oh god! Help me! Isaac! / Isaac: [struggling with the winch] Santos! Carver, give me a hand! / Sgt. Carver: F**k. [grabs the winch] It's too heavy! / Isaac: No, I got it! […] / Sgt. Carver: Isaac, it's gonna take the cliff down, and us with it! / Isaac: No, [I can reach her!] Just hang onto the winch! Santos! Give me your hand! / Sgt. Carver: Isaac, it's too late for that! / Isaac: [to Santos] Take it! [Carver lets go of the winch, pulling Isaac back. He turns to see Carver holding an ice ax, and realizes what he intends to do.] Carver, no! NO! [Carver cuts the winch line, sending Santos and the Snow Monster falling down] / Santos: ISAAC! [A crash, then silence.] / Isaac: [in disbelief] I had her. Goddammit—I had her! / Sgt. Carver: It was gonna take us all down with it!"
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 14: Everything Has Its Place. (5 February 2013) "Isaac: [arriving at the Rosetta Lab] Wow. So this is Rosetta's lab, huh? / Ellie: Oh, finally! And this is an assembly station, according to the controls. / Isaac: So we're here to assemble a Codex. That makes sense. / Ellie: Uhh, no. According to this, we're here to assemble…Rosetta. [in disbelief] They cut her into pieces?! Oh my god… / Sgt. Carver: F**k this day."
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. (5 February 2013)
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 15: A Change of Fortune. (5 February 2013) "Isaac: Oh no... no... We've got it all wrong... This isn't the Marker homeworld! The aliens, they... they found the Markers, just like us - and it spread! It consumed them, it... it pulled their bodies into the sky to form the final stage... Oh my god! The moon... The Moon is the source of the Marker Signal, not the Machine! The Moon is Convergence! The aliens, they... they built the Machine to freeze the planet - to keep the Moon from becoming whole!"
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 19: Endings. (5 February 2013) "Sgt. Carver: [helping Isaac to the Machine] So this is it, huh? We use that Codex? / Isaac: Yeah. [stands in front of the Codex recepticle] / Sgt. Carver: No more bullshit? We die here, now? / Isaac: [nods] But Earth… [turns to the Codex] …gets a tomorrow."
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Chapter 19: Endings. (5 February 2013) "Ellie: Isaac? Isaac? Are you there? Carver? Isaac? You're gone, aren't you? … The Marker signal… It's gone, too…! Isaac… You did it. You really did it…"
- Visceral Games. Dead Space 3. (Electronic Arts). Microsoft Windows/PlayStation 3/Xbox 360. Level/area: Post-Credits. (5 February 2013) "Isaac: …Ellie? …Ellie…"
- McWhertor, Michael (20 September 2011). "Is This Our First Fleeting Look At Dead Space 3?". Retrieved January 21, 2012.
- "Dead Space 3 takes place on a frozen planet, First Details?". Retrieved January 10, 2012.
- Conditt, Jessica (May 7, 2012). "Need for Speed and Dead Space titles coming by March 2013". Joystiq. Retrieved August 15, 2012.
- Conditt, Jessica (June 4, 2012). "Dead Space 3 out February 2013, to feature drop-in co-op Update: Trailer added!". Joystiq. Retrieved June 4, 2012.
- "EA Honcho Doesn't Want to Piss Off Dead Space Fans, Still Wants to Scare the Crap Out of Them". Kotaku.com. 2012-06-16. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- Ivan, Tom (2012-10-17). "News: Dead Space 3: Limited Edition gameplay trailer shows bonuses in action". ComputerAndVideoGames.com. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- Robinson, Andy (2012-12-30). "Dead Space 3 demo release date set for January". ComputerAndVideoGames.com. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- GAME Morfa Offical Facebook Page
- Kubba, Sinan (2013-03-08). "Dead Space 3 'Awakened' DLC confirmed for March 12". Joystiq.com. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- Dave Cook (March 12, 2012). "Dead Space 3 Awakened now out on all formats". VG24/7. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- "Dead Space 3 (X360)". GameRankings. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Dead Space 3 (PS3)". GameRankings. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Dead Space 3 (PC)". GameRankings. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Dead Space 3 for Xbox 360 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More". Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Dead Space 3 for PC Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More". Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Dead Space 3 for PlayStation 3 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More". Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Edge review". Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Eurogamer review". Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Game Informer review". Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- McInnis, Shaun (5 February 2013). "GameSpot review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "GamesTM review". Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "OXMUK review". Official Xbox Magazine (UK) review. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "VideoGamer review". Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Destructoid review". Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Hardcore Gamer review". Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Dead Space 3 review: Take down the terror, just a notch". AOL. 2013-02-05. Retrieved 2013-02-05.
- "Polygon review". Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- "Dead Space 4 canned, series in trouble following poor sales of Dead Space 3 - Dead Space 3 for Xbox 360 News". Videogamer.com. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- Clockpunk. "UK Video Game Chart: Dead Space 3 is No. 1, biggest launch of 2013 so far - Dead Space 3 for Xbox 360 News". Videogamer.com. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- Robinson, Andy (2012-06-15). "News: EA: 'We don't want to p*ss off our fans' with Dead Space 3". ComputerAndVideoGames.com. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- "Xbox 360 News: EA boss brands Dead Space 4 rumour a "desperate" fabrication born of "shoddy" journalism - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine". Oxm.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- March 5, 2013 8:10AM PST (2013-02-08). "EA denies Dead Space series cancellation - GameSpot.com". Uk.gamespot.com. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Dead Space 3|