Department of financial studies
|Department of Financial Studies|
Department of Financial Studies logo
|Dean||Prof C.P. Gupta|
|Location||Delhi, Delhi, India|
|Affiliations||University of Delhi|
The Department of Financial Studies, commonly known as DFS, is a department of University of Delhi offering programs in Finance. Tracing its roots in the Delhi School of Economics, the Department of Financial Studies was carved out of the Department of Commerce of the University in 1987 to provide training in the field of finance. The Department of Financial Studies is located at the South Campus of the university.
Eminent financial policy personalities of India including C. B. Bhave, Kamalesh Chandra Chakrabarty and M. Damodaran have served on its advisory board for the MFC course. The past Deans of the Department include some of the best known  financial management educationists like Prof. MY Khan and Prof. IM Pandey.
The programmes offered by DFS are
- MFC, Master of Finance and Control (Full Time)
- Doctoral Programme
DFS has collaborations with the following institutions:
- ESC-PAU, France
- REIMS Management School, REIMS Codex, France
- Institute National des Telecommunications, Évry, France
- University of Leicester, England
- Akron University, USA
MFC Programme has a total of 46 seats. The admission to the course are done on the basis of score in Common Admission Test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management. MFC earlier had its own entrance exam which was discontinued starting session 2011-13.
For research scholars, DFS accepts post‐doc research scholars on deputation from the Colleges/University/Industry in the fields of Finance and Accounting/Control and related interdisciplinary fields.
- "Financially sound". hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 2015-02-04.
- "Top 90 B-Schools". Time4education.com. 2009-06-10. Retrieved 2015-02-04.
- "T.I.M.E. List of Top B-schools in India". time4education.com. Retrieved 2015-02-04.
- amd-2 (31 December 2004). "MFC Prospectus 09.11.2008 Final" (PDF). Retrieved 2015-02-04.
- Pandey, I.M. (2009). Financial Management. Vikas Publishing House Pvt Limited. ISBN 9788125916581. Retrieved 2015-02-04.
- Khan, Y. (2004). Financial Services. Tata McGraw-Hill. ISBN 9780070585850. Retrieved 2015-02-04.
- "Courses offered by Department of Financial Studies, University of Delhi New Delhi - Minglebox". minglebox.com. Retrieved 2015-02-04.
- "Department of Financial Studies : University of Delhi, South Campus". web.archive.org. Retrieved 2015-02-04.