|Launched||May 8, 2012|
|Owned by||Turner Broadcasting System (Time Warner)|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)
|Slogan||Wir sind pink (We are pink)|
TNT Glitz is a pay TV channel in Germany, which was launched on May 8, 2012. It is owned by Turner Broadcasting System. It is mainly targeted to women, similar to the free TV channel sixx. Glitz is currently only available via cable and IPTV.
In August 2013, SES Platform Services won an international tender by Turner Broadcasting System, to provide playout services for TNT Glitz, and for Boomerang, Cartoon Network, TNT Film and TNT Serie (in both SD and HD) for the German-speaking market, digitization of existing Turner content, and playout for Turner on-demand and catch-up services in Germany, Austria, Switzerland the Benelux region, from November 2013.
Untill 31 March 2014 the channel was named glitz*.
TNT Glitz features the German first-runs of the comedy series Parks and Recreation, Web Therapy, Girls and Hot in Cleveland as well as the drama series Pretty Little Liars, Parenthood and Unforgettable. Original programming includes the magazine InStyle – Das TV-Magazin, which is centered on fashion and celebrities. It is presented by Eva Padberg.
- "Ein Platz Fuer Girls". Vogue (Germany). May 9, 2012.
- Krei, Alexander (2012-02-29). "Klotzen statt Kleckern: Turner startet Frauensender Glitz". DWDL.
- Feldmer, Simon (September 20, 2011). "Frauen schauen mehr". Süddeutschen Zeitung.
- "Playout and video-on-demand: SES Platform Services wins international tender by Turner Broadcasting" (Press release). SES Platform Services GmbH. August 28, 2013. Retrieved August 31, 2013.
- "Eva Padberg mit eigenem TV-Magazin "InStyle"". Fashion Insider Magazin. June 21, 2012.
- (German) "glitz*" - Launch in München: So feierten die Promi-Ladys den neuen TV-Sender - Leute - Bild.de
- (German) Frauensender Glitz im Pay-TV - Irgendwie ein Lebensgefühl - Medien - sueddeutsche.de
|This German television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|