Cartoon Network Arabic
|Cartoon Network Arabic|
|Launched||10 October 2010|
|Owned by||Turner Broadcasting System Europe (Time Warner, Inc.)|
|Picture format||4:3 (1080i, HDTV)|
|Broadcast area||Middle East, Northern Africa|
|Headquarters||United Arab Emirates|
|Nilesat||12417 H - 27500 - 3/4|
|Arabsat BADR6||11747 V - 27500 - 3/4|
Cartoon Network Arabic (Arabic: Cartoon Network بالعربية) is a free-to-air children's channel that is broadcast for a pan-Arabian audience in the MENA region, and it is the official Arabic edition of Cartoon Network. The channel was launched on October 10, 2010 at 10:10 am U.A.E. time. The channel's launch coincides with the opening of Turner Broadcasting System's new offices in Dubai Media City, U.A.E., the channel's local owner. A Middle Eastern branch of Time Warner.
The channel broadcasts via Arabsat Badr 6 and Nilesat. Cartoon Network Arabic is considered a free alternative to the subscription-based Cartoon Network channel offered in the Middle East via Orbit Showtime Network, despite the varying differences in programming and available languages.
Animated programs aired included original Cartoon Network Studios productions like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and Codename: Kids Next Door; as well as programs produced by other studios (Like Hasbro Studios, Warner Bros. Animation, etc.) .
Beginning from the holiday week of Eid al-Adha in the year 1432 Hijri (or formally November 5, 2011), Cartoon Network Arabic began to occasionally air a selection of dubbed Cartoon Network made-for-TV films and specials at random dates. However, it was not until the first month of the year 1434 (or formally January 2013) the channel initiated the signature Cartoon Network Cinema block to represent its films.
Turner Broadcasting System Europe had announced it would rollout its UK-based preschoolers' channel Cartoonito across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, increasing the brand's distribution to 125 million homes in 112 territories. On Cartoon Network Arabic, Cartoonito was launched as a morning block that is broadcast for seven days a week, starting from September 4, 2011, But Closed in Early 2014 .
- "Cartoon Network Arabic free-to-air goes live on October 10th". Zawya. 2010-10-10. Retrieved 2011-02-09.
- "Cartoon Network Arabic launches". Digital Production Middle East. 2010-10-10. Retrieved 2011-02-09.
- "10 October launch for Cartoon Network Arabic". Rapid TV News. 2010-10-07. Retrieved 2011-02-09.
- Saundalka, Jason (2012-03-05). "Cartoon Network Arabic goes HD". Digital Production Middle East. Retrieved 2012-04-13.
- "Hasbro Shows to Air in Europe & Middle East in 2011". Raving Toy Maniac. 2010-12-13. Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "Turner Broadcasting to launch Cartoonito across EMEA". AMEinfo. 2011-04-21. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- Official website (Arabic)