Concept artwork showing the tower's proposed design.
|Type||Hotel, Residential, Retail|
|Location||Charni Road, Mumbai|
|Estimated completion||2016 (original estimate)|
|Roof||700 m (2,300 ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Foster and Partners|
|Developer||Dynamix Balwas Realty|
India Tower (previously known as the Park Hyatt Tower; also known as the Dynamix Balwas Tower or DB Tower) is a 126-storey, 718-metre (2,356 ft) supertall skyscraper that began construction in the city of Mumbai, India, in 2010. The tower was originally planned for completion in 2016, but construction work was put on hold in 2011 due to a dispute between the tower's developers and Mumbai's civic authorities.
Planning and construction
The Dynamix Balwas realtor group first proposed the project, under the name of Park Hyatt Tower, in 2008. The Dynamix Balwas proposal would have been an 85-storey tower with a height of 301.1 metres (988 ft). The project was subsequently dropped, before being revived and amended in 2010. In January 2010, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation authorised the tower's construction on a site located at Charni Road in Girgaon, southern Mumbai, just north of Mumbai's historical CBD (Central Business District). Site preparation work commenced in late 2010. However, in May 2011 Mumbai's civic building proposals department issued a stop-work order due to a payment dispute with the developers, halting the tower's construction indefinitely.
- Burj Khalifa
- Kingdom Tower
- Shanghai Tower
- Suzhou Zhongnan Center
- Goldin Finance 117
- Ping An Finance Centre
- Wuhan Greenland Center
- World One
- China Zun
- Baoneng Shenyang Global Financial Center
- Gezhouba International Plaza
- "Showing Unity In Diversity". Businessworld.in. 17 July 2010. Retrieved 2 February 2011.
- "India Tower". Skyscraperpage. Retrieved 11 April 2011.
- "CTBUH Tall Buildings Database". CTBUH. Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- "Mumbai's tallest towers have largely been under a cloud". Times of India. 16 January 2013. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- "Park Hyatt Tower". Skyscraperpage. Retrieved 20 July 2010.
- Suryawanshi, Sudhir (28 January 2010). "BMC nod for 103-storey India Tower". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 25 March 2010.
- "Mumbai can claim the tallest building under construction: the 720-m India Tower". Engineering News Record. 26 January 2011.