Indianapolis Executive Airport
|Indianapolis Executive Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KTYQ – FAA LID: TYQ|
|Owner||Hamilton County Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||922 ft / 281 m|
|18/36||5,501 (will be extended to 7,000 in 2,014.||1,677||[Concrete]|
|Source: FAA and airport web site|
Indianapolis Executive Airport (ICAO: KTYQ, FAA LID: TYQ) is a public airport at 11329 E. State Road 32, five miles north of Zionsville, in Boone County, Indiana, United States. The airport is owned by the Hamilton County Airport Authority. It is 14 miles (23 km) northwest of downtown Indianapolis and is a reliever airport for Indianapolis International Airport.
Most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, but Indianapolis Executive Airport is TYQ to the FAA and has no IATA code. It was formerly Terry Airport (FAA LID: I52).
Facilities and aircraft
Indianapolis Executive Airport covers 567 acres (229 ha); its one runway, 18/36, is 5,501 x 100 ft (1,677 x 30 m) concrete. In 2005 the airport had 34,891 aircraft operations, average 95 per day: 95% general aviation and 5% air taxi. 105 aircraft are based at this airport: 80% single-engine, 7% multi-engine and 13% jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for TYQ ( PDF), effective 2007-12-20
- Indianapolis Executive Airport, official web site
- Great Circle Mapper: KTYQ - Indianapolis, Indiana - Indianapolis Executive Airport
- Montgomery Aviation, Inc., the fixed base operator (FBO)
- Aerial photo from Indiana Department of Transportation
- FAA Terminal Procedures for TYQ, effective June 26, 2014
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in Indiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|