Indianapolis Executive Airport
|Indianapolis Executive Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KTYQ – FAA LID: TYQ|
|Owner||Hamilton County Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||922 ft / 281 m|
|Source: FAA and airport web site|
Indianapolis Executive Airport (ICAO: KTYQ, FAA LID: TYQ) is a public airport at 11329 E. State Road 32 in Zionsville, a town in Boone County, Indiana, United States. The airport is located just west of the border of Hamilton County and is owned by the Hamilton County Airport Authority. It is 14 miles (23 km) northwest of the central business district of Indianapolis and serves as a reliever airport for Indianapolis International Airport. The airport is also five miles (8 km) north from the center of Zionsville.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, Indianapolis Executive Airport is assigned TYQ by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA. It was formerly known as Terry Airport (FAA LID: I52).
Facilities and aircraft 
Indianapolis Executive Airport covers an area of 567 acres (229 ha) and contains one runway designated 18/36 with a 5,501 x 100 ft (1,677 x 30 m) concrete pavement. For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2005, the airport had 34,891 aircraft operations, an average of 95 per day: 95% general aviation and 5% air taxi. There are 105 aircraft based at this airport: 80% single-engine, 7% multi-engine and 13% jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for TYQ ( PDF), effective 2007-12-20
- Indianapolis Executive Airport, official web site
- Distance from Zionsville to KTYQ as calculated by Great Circle Mapper
- Great Circle Mapper: KTYQ - Indianapolis, Indiana - Indianapolis Executive Airport
- Montgomery Aviation, Inc., the fixed base operator (FBO)
- Aerial photo from Indiana Department of Transportation
- FAA Terminal Procedures for TYQ, effective May 2, 2013
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in Indiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|