|Federal Minister of Aviation|
May 2003 – June 2005
|Preceded by||Kema Chikwe|
|Succeeded by||Babalola Borishade|
|Governor of Bauchi State|
May 29, 2007
|Preceded by||Adamu Mu'azu|
15 June 1956 |
Yaguda, Bauchi State, Nigeria
Mallam Isa Yuguda was elected Governor of Bauchi State, Nigeria in April 2007 on the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) platform. In April 2009 he changed allegiance from the ANPP to the People's Democratic Party (PDP). Yaguda was reelected governor on 28 April 2011.
Isa Yuguda was an ethnic Fulani, born on June 15, 1956 in Yuguda. He studied at the North East College of Arts & Science in Maiduguri (1974–1976) and then at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (1976–1979), graduating with a BSc in Economics. He obtained a Masters in Business Administration in 1998 at the University of Jos in Plateau State.
Isa Yuguda started work at the Federal Mortgage Bank, Bauchi Area Office as a Mortgage Manager (1981–1984). He moved to the Savannah Bank working as a Credit Manager in Sokoto (1986–1987) and then as a Manager in Abuja (1987–1991). He moved to Inland Bank as Acting General Manager (1991–1992) and then Managing Director and Chief Executive (1992–1999). He was Managing Director & Chief Executive of NAL Merchant Bank (1999 - June 2000).
In June 2000, Isa Yuguda was appointed Minister of State for Transport in the government of President Olusegun Obasanjo. He was moved to the Ministry of Aviation (May 2003 - June 2005). In December 2003, visiting the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos, he expressed concern at the delays in constructing the new terminal and threatened to cancel the contract.
Bauchi State governor
In April 2007 Isa Yuguda contested and won the gubernatorial race of Bauchi State on the platform of All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP). He was sworn in on May 29, 2007. Yaguda was reelected governor on 28 April 2011. He gained 771,503 votes. He was followed by Alhaji Yusuf Tuggar of Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) with 238,426 votes, former Senator Baba Tela of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) with 157,237 votes and former Senator Suleiman Nazif of the All Nigeria People's Party (ANPP) with 102,093 votes. 
He has four wives: Hajiya Aisha Isa Yuguda, Hajiya Hauwa Abiodun Isa Yuguda, Hajiya Mariya Isa Yuguda, and Hajiya Nafisa Isa Yuguda The fourth and most recent, Nafisat, is the daughter of the former Nigerian President, Late Umaru Yar'Adua. During an interview with BBC Africa radio, he was questioned on the newly signed Nigerian anti-gay bill, he stated that "I am not gay, so my son will never be gay". He went further to explain that he will resign from office, if it ever happened but assured the interviewer that "gay blood does not flow in his family".
- "Nigerian States". WorldStatesmen. Retrieved January 14, 2010.
- Stanley Nkwocha (June 27, 2009). "Yuguda Receives PDP Flag Today". Nigeria Daily News. Archived from the original on July 14, 2011. Retrieved January 14, 2010.
- "Gov Yuguda gets fresh mandate as Bauchi gov". Vanguard. April 30, 2011. Archived from the original on August 11, 2011. Retrieved June 30, 2011.
- "Governor Isa Yuguda of Bauchi State". Nigeria Governors' Forum. Archived from the original on July 27, 2011. Retrieved January 14, 2010.
- Francis, Ndubuisi (December 19, 2003). "Airport Terminal Project in Limbo". Thisday (Leaders & Company).
- Femi Adesina (April 3, 2009). "Yuguda as good son-in-law". Archived from the original on July 16, 2011. Retrieved January 14, 2010.
|This article about a Nigerian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|