||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015)|
Kris Jenner in July 2010
|Born||Kristen Mary Houghton
November 5, 1955
San Diego, California, U.S.
|Residence||Hidden Hills, California, U.S.|
|Education||Clairemont High School|
|Television||Keeping Up with the Kardashians|
|Spouse(s)||Robert Kardashian (m. 1978–91)
Bruce Jenner (m. 1991–2015)
Jenner has been married twice. Her first husband was lawyer Robert Kardashian and her second husband was Olympic star and TV celebrity Bruce Jenner. She has four children with Kardashian (Kourtney, Kim, Khloé, and Robert) and two with Jenner (Kendall and Kylie Jenner).
Jenner was born Kristen Mary Houghton in San Diego, California. She is the daughter of Mary Jo Shannon (née Campbell) and Robert Houghton, an engineer. When Jenner was seven years old, her parents divorced and she and her younger sister Karen were raised by their mother, until a few years later, when her mother married businessman Harry Shannon. Three months after moving to Oxnard, California, Harry's business partner ran off with all the company's money, so the family moved back to San Diego. Jenner attended Clairemont High School. She worked as a flight attendant for a year in 1976.
Jenner runs her own production company, Jenner Communications, which is based in Los Angeles. Since the start of Keeping Up With The Kardashians, she has managed her daughter Kim's career. She also is involved with the business management of her other daughters and son.
Jenner's autobiography, Kris Jenner... and All Things Kardashian, was released on November 1, 2011.
Marriages, relationships and children
Jenner married her first husband, lawyer Robert Kardashian (who later became widely known for his early legal representation of O. J. Simpson) on July 8, 1978. They have four children: daughters Kourtney (born 1979), Kim (born 1980), Khloé (born 1984) and son Rob (born 1987). They divorced in March 1991, but remained close friends until his death from esophageal cancer in 2003. In 2012, Kris confessed she had an affair with former soccer player and animator Todd Waterman during her marriage to Kardashian. She referred to Waterman as "Ryan" in her autobiography, but he revealed his identity on his own. They had an encounter on Keeping up with the Kardashians while Kris was having a tennis lesson.
In April 1991, one month after her divorce from Kardashian, Jenner married her second husband, former Olympian Bruce Jenner. They have two daughters together: Kendall (born 1995) and Kylie (born 1997). In her autobiography, Jenner explained that she named her daughter Kendall Nicole after Nicole Brown Simpson. Through Bruce, Kris also had four stepchildren: Burt, Cassandra "Casey", Brandon and Brody. The Jenners announced their separation in October 2013, and on September 22, 2014, she filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences. The divorce became final on March 23, 2015. The Jenners continue to have an amicable relationship though Kris recently disclosed that Bruce is no longer included in certain key matters such as estate planning.
As recounted in her memoir, Jenner underwent plastic surgery to enhance her breasts twice and has had extensive work done on her nose as well as many applications of botox. In June 2011, Jenner had plastic surgery months before her daughter Kim's wedding. She allowed the preparations and recovery from the surgery to be recorded. The video footage can be seen on E! Online and "Kim's Fairytale Wedding Part 1" episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians. She explained: "I needed a little freshening up for the wedding. Just doing what a girl's gotta do!"
- "Kristen Mary Houghton, born 11/5/1955". California Birth Index. Retrieved April 29, 2015.
- "Houghton Surname Project". Ancestry.com. Retrieved October 17, 2013.
- Stated in Kris Jenner... and All Things Kardashian, 2011
- "Kris Jenner bio". wetpaint.com.
- "Kris Jenner talks love, loss, 'And All Things Kardashian'". TODAY books. November 1, 2011. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (April 18, 2013). "Kris Jenner's Syndicated Talk Show Gets Premiere Date, Executive Producer". Deadline.com. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- "Kris Jenner's show cancelled". New York Post. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- Stated on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, November 8, 2011
- "Kris Jenner and Robert Kardashian on June 27, 1984 and Robert Kardashian, Jr. on March 17, 1987.".
- "Robert Kardashian, a Lawyer For O. J. Simpson, Dies at 59", The New York Times, October 2, 2003.
- Staff (October 8, 2013). "Celebrity News Kris and Bruce Jenner confirm they separated a year ago" (Online). Fox News Channel. Associated Press. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- Kris Kardashian Biography. Buddytv.com. Retrieved September 6, 2011.
- "Kris Jenner shares details on her relationship with Nicole Brown Simpson in new memoir". Entertainment Weekly; November 1, 2011.
- Baker, Ken; Finn, Natalie (October 8, 2013). "Kris Jenner and Bruce Jenner are Separated, 'Much Happier' Living Apart". E!. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- Takeda, Allison. -23-years-of-marriage-i-will-always-love-him- "Kris Jenner, Bruce Jenner 23 Years of Marriage: 'I Will Always Love Him'".
- Esther Lee and Alli Rosenbloom. "Kris Jenner files for divorce from husband Bruce Jenner". Today.
- "Kris Jenner and Bruce Jenner's Divorce Finalized on Kardashians". Eonline.com. 2015-05-04. Retrieved 2015-05-13.
- Dedon, John (30 March 2015). "“Keeping Up with the Kardashians” and Kris Jenner’s Estate Planning". The National Law Review. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- "Kris Jenner Does a Sexy Holiday Dance, Flashes Cleavage for 'KRISmas' Photo Shoot". People. December 15, 2014. Retrieved December 25, 2014.
- "Kourtney Kardashian has baby". E!. December 14, 2009. Retrieved December 14, 2009.
- "Kourtney Kardashian shows off new baby". Daily News. New York. August 8, 2012.
- "Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Baby Name Revealed: North West, "They Will Call Her Nori"". E!. June 21, 2013. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- "Kris Jenner talks about facelift". Yahoo!. Retrieved July 22, 2011.