Kris Jenner in July 2010
|Born||Kristen Mary Houghton
November 5, 1955
San Diego, California, U.S.
|Residence||Calabasas, California, U.S.|
|Occupation||Television personality, author, talk show host, manager, television producer, presenter, business person|
|Spouse(s)||Robert Kardashian (m. 1978–91)
Bruce Jenner (m. 1991–2014)
|Partner(s)||Corey Gamble (2014-present)|
Kristen Mary "Kris" Jenner (née Houghton, formerly Kardashian; born November 5, 1955) is an American television personality, business woman, manager and author who has appeared on Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami, Khloé & Lamar, Kourtney and Kim Take New York, Kourtney and Khloé Take The Hamptons, Kourtney and Kim Take Miami, Good Morning America, The Talk, America's Next Top Model and her own short-lived talk show, Kris.
Jenner is twice divorced, her first husband was lawyer Robert Kardashian and her second husband was olympic star and TV celebrity Bruce Jenner. She has four children with Kardashian (Kourtney, Kim, Khloé, and Robert) and two with Jenner (Kendall and Kylie Jenner).
Jenner was born Kristen Mary Houghton in San Diego, California. She is the daughter of Mary Jo Shannon (née Campbell) and Robert Houghton, an engineer. She has English, Scottish, French, German and Dutch ancestry. When Jenner was seven years old, her parents divorced and she and her younger sister Karen were raised by their mother, until a few years later, when her mother married businessman Harry Shannon. Three months after moving to Oxnard, California, Harry's business partner ran off with all the company's money, so the family moved back to San Diego. Jenner attended Clairemont High School. She worked as an airline stewardess for a year in 1976.
Jenner runs her own production company Jenner Communications which is based in Los Angeles. Since the start of Keeping Up With The Kardashians, she has managed her daughter Kim's career. She also is involved with the business management of her other daughters and son. She has four grandchildren.
Jenner's autobiography, Kris Jenner... and All Things Kardashian, was released on November 1, 2011.
Involvement in O.J. Simpson trial
The Kardashian family was very close to O.J. Simpson and Nicole Brown Simpson. The Simpson trial caused conflict between Kris and her former husband, as Robert Kardashian was part of O.J. Simpson's defense team, and Nicole Simpson had been Kris's best friend.
In her book, Jenner explained that she named her daughter Kendall Nicole after Nicole Brown Simpson. During the trial, Kris wore maternity clothing she had gotten from Nicole.
Marriages, relationships and children
Jenner married her first husband, lawyer Robert Kardashian (who later became widely known for his early legal representation of O.J. Simpson) on July 8, 1978. They have four children: daughters Kourtney (born 1979), Kim (born 1980), Khloé (born 1984) and son Rob (born 1987). They divorced in March 1991, just one month before Kris married her second husband, Bruce Jenner. Kris and Robert remained close friends after the divorce, up through Robert's diagnosis with esophageal cancer and his death in 2003. In 2012, Kris confessed she had an affair with former soccer player and animator Todd Waterman during her marriage to Robert. She referred to Waterman as "Ryan" in her autobiography, but he revealed his identity on his own. They had an encounter on Keeping up with the Kardashians while Kris was having a tennis lesson.
She married her second husband, former Olympian Bruce Jenner, in April 1991. Kris and Bruce had two daughters together: Kendall (born 1995) and Kylie (born 1997). Through Bruce, Kris has four stepchildren: Burt, Casey, Brandon and Brody. The two announced their separation in October 2013 and on September 22, 2014, she filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences. The divorce was finalized on December 18, 2014, but will not be official until March, 2015. Since her separation from Jenner, she has started dating Corey Gamble.
As recounted in her memoir, Jenner underwent plastic surgery to enhance her breasts twice and has had extensive work done on her nose as well as many applications of botox. In June 2011, Jenner received plastic surgery months before her daughter Kim's wedding. She allowed the preparations and recovery from the surgery to be recorded. The video footage can be seen on E! Online and "Kim's Fairytale Wedding Part 1" episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. She explained: "I needed a little freshening up for the wedding. Just doing what a girl's gotta do!"
- Fresh faced and before the facelift: Kardashian matriarch Kris Jenner pictured at high school in the early 1970s". Daily Mail. January 18, 2012.
- "Happy Birthday Kris Jenner: Reality Star, Manager Turns 56 (PHOTOS)". Huffington Post. November 5, 2011.
- "Houghton Surname Project". Ancestry.com. Retrieved October 17, 2013.
- Stated in Kris Jenner... and All Things Kardashian, 2011
- "Kris Jenner bio". wetpaint.com.
- Stated in Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Season 3, Episode 9
- "Kris Jenner Does a Sexy Holiday Dance, Flashes Cleavage for 'KRISmas' Photo Shoot". People. December 15, 2014. Retrieved December 25, 2014.
- "Kourtney Kardashian has baby". eonline.com. December 14, 2009. Retrieved December 14, 2009.
- "Kourtney Kardashian shows off new baby". New York Daily News. August 8, 2012.
- "Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Baby Name Revealed: North West, "They Will Call Her Nori"". E! Online. June 21, 2013. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- "Kris Jenner talks love, loss, 'And All Things Kardashian'". TODAY books. November 1, 2011. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (April 18, 2013). "Kris Jenner's Syndicated Talk Show Gets Premiere Date, Executive Producer". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- "Kris Jenner's show cancelled". NY Post. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- "Kardashians and O.J. Simpson Trial". starcasm.com. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- "Kris Jenner shares details on her relationship with Nicole Brown Simpson in new memoir". EW; November 1, 2011.
- Stated on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, November 8, 2011
- "Kris Jenner and Robert Kardashian on June 27, 1984 and Robert Kardashian, Jr. on March 17, 1987.".
- "Robert Kardashian, a Lawyer For O. J. Simpson, Dies at 59", New York Times, October 2, 2003.
- Daniel, Hugo (January 27, 2012). "'We were still sleeping together when she was dating Bruce': Kris Jenner's ex-lover Todd Waterman reveals explosive details of their 'wild and passionate' affair". Daily Mail (London). Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- Staff (October 8, 2013). "Celebrity News Kris and Bruce Jenner confirm they separated a year ago" (Online). Fox News. Associated Press. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- Kris Kardashian Biography. Buddytv.com; retrieved September 6, 2011.
- Baker, Ken; Finn, Natalie (October 8, 2013). "Kris Jenner and Bruce Jenner are Separated, "Much Happier" Living Apart". E Online. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- Takeda, Allison. -23-years-of-marriage-i-will-always-love-him- "Kris Jenner, Bruce Jenner 23 Years of Marriage: "I Will Always Love Him"".
- "Kris Jenner Facelift". London, UK: dailymal.co.uk. July 17, 2011. Retrieved July 17, 2011.
- "Kris Jenner talks about facelift". omg.yahoo.com. Retrieved July 22, 2011.