Kris Jenner in July 2010
|Born||Kristen Mary Houghton
November 5, 1955
San Diego, California, U.S.
|Residence||Calabasas, California, U.S.|
|Occupation||Television personality, author, talk show host|
|Spouse(s)||Robert Kardashian (m. 1978–91)
Bruce Jenner (m. 1991; separated 2013)
Kristen Mary "Kris" Jenner (née Houghton, formerly Kardashian; born November 5, 1955) is an American television personality, business woman and author who has appeared on Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami, Khloé & Lamar, Kourtney and Kim Take New York, Good Morning America, The Talk, America's Next Top Model and her own short-lived talk show, Kris.
Divorced from lawyer Robert Kardashian, she has been married to Bruce Jenner since 1991. She has four children with Robert (Kourtney, Kim, Khloé, and Robert) and two with Bruce (Kendall and Kylie Jenner). Jenner's autobiography, Kris Jenner... and All Things Kardashian, was released on November 1, 2011.
Jenner was born Kristen Mary Houghton in San Diego, California. She is the daughter of Mary Jo Shannon (née Campbell) and Robert Houghton, an engineer. She has English, Scottish, French, German and Dutch ancestry. When Kris was seven years old, her parents divorced and she and her younger sister Karen were raised solely by their mother, until a few years later, when Kris's mother was remarried, this time to businessman Harry Shannon. Three months after moving to Oxnard, California, Harry's business partner ran off with all the company's money, so the family moved back to San Diego. Jenner attended Clairemont High School. Jenner worked as an airline stewardess for a year in 1976.
Marriages and children
Kris married her first husband, lawyer Robert Kardashian (who later became widely known for his early representation of O.J. Simpson) on July 8, 1978. They had four children: daughters Kourtney (born 1979), Kim (born 1980), Khloé (born 1984) and son Rob (born 1987). The couple divorced in March 1991, just one month before Kris married her second husband, Bruce Jenner. Kris and Robert continued to be close friends after the divorce, up through Robert's diagnosis with esophageal cancer and his death in 2003. In 2012, Kris confessed she had an affair with former soccer player and animator Todd Waterman during her marriage to Robert. She referred to Waterman as "Ryan" in her autobiography, but he revealed his identity on his own. They had an encounter on Keeping up with the Kardashians while Kris was having a tennis lesson. Todd is then revealed on the show.[clarification needed]
She married her second husband, former Olympian Bruce Jenner, in April 1991. She and Bruce have two daughters together: Kendall (born 1995) and Kylie (born 1997). The two announced their separation in October 2013. Through Bruce, Kris has four stepchildren: Burton, Brandon, Brody and Cassandra Lynn "Casey" Jenner.
Kris Jenner runs her own production company Jenner Communications which is based in Los Angeles. Since the start of Keeping Up With The Kardashians, she has managed her daughter Kim's career. She also is involved with the management of her other daughters and son. She has three grandchildren.
Involvement in O.J. Simpson trial
The Kardashian family was very close to O.J. Simpson and Nicole Brown Simpson. The Simpson trial caused conflict between Kris and her former husband, as Robert Kardashian was part of O.J. Simpson's defense team, and Nicole Simpson had been Kris's best friend prior to her death.
In her book, Kris explained that she named her daughter Kendall Nicole after Nicole Brown Simpson. Kris wore maternity clothing during the trial that she had gotten from Nicole before she died.
As recounted in her memoir, Kris Jenner and All Things Kardashian, Jenner underwent plastic surgery to enhance her breasts twice and has had extensive work done on her nose as well as many counts of botox. In June 2011, Jenner received plastic surgery months before her daughter Kim's wedding. She allowed the preparations and recovery from the surgery to be recorded. The video footage can be seen on E! Online and "Kim's Fairytale Wedding Part 1" episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. She explained: "I needed a little freshening up for the wedding. Just doing what a girl's gotta do!"
Jenner hosted a pop culture-driven daytime talk show, Kris. The series began its six-week trial summer run on several Fox-owned stations on July 15, 2013. Kanye West revealed the first public picture of daughter North West on Kris Jenner's daytime talk show. The show's six-week trial run was not extended.
- Fresh faced and before the facelift: Kardashian matriarch Kris Jenner pictured at high school in the early 1970s". Daily Mail. January 18, 2012.
- "Happy Birthday Kris Jenner: Reality Star, Manager Turns 56 (PHOTOS)". Huffington Post. November 5, 2011.
- "Kris Jenner talks love, loss, 'And All Things Kardashian'". TODAY books. November 1, 2011. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- "Houghton Surname Project". Ancestry.com. Retrieved October 17, 2013.
- Stated in Kris Jenner... and All Things Kardashian, 2011
- "Kris Jenner bio". wetpaint.com.
- Stated in Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Season 3, Episode 9
- Stated on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, November 8, 2011
- "Kris Jenner and Robert Kardashian on June 27, 1984 and Robert Kardashian, Jr. on March 17, 1987.".
- "Robert Kardashian, a Lawyer For O. J. Simpson, Dies at 59", New York Times, October 2, 2003.
- Daniel, Hugo (January 27, 2012). "'We were still sleeping together when she was dating Bruce': Kris Jenner's ex-lover Todd Waterman reveals explosive details of their 'wild and passionate' affair". Daily Mail (London). Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- . Fox News http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/10/08/kris-and-bruce-jenner-. Missing or empty
- Kris Kardashian Biography. Buddytv.com; retrieved September 6, 2011.
- Baker, Ken; Finn, Natalie (October 8, 2013). "Kris Jenner and Bruce Jenner are Separated, "Much Happier" Living Apart". E Online. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- Takeda, Allison. -23-years-of-marriage-i-will-always-love-him- "Kris Jenner, Bruce Jenner 23 Years of Marriage: "I Will Always Love Him"".
- "Kourtney Kardashian has baby". eonline.com. December 14, 2009. Retrieved December 14, 2009.
- "Kourtney Kardashian shows off new baby". New York Daily News. August 8, 2012.
- "Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Baby Name Revealed: North West, "They Will Call Her Nori"". E! Online. June 21, 2013. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- "Kardashians and O.J. Simpson Trial". starcasm.com. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- "Kris Jenner shares details on her relationship with Nicole Brown Simpson in new memoir". EW; November 1, 2011.
- "Kris Jenner Facelift". London, UK: dailymal.co.uk. July 17, 2011. Retrieved July 17, 2011.
- "Kris Jenner talks about facelift". omg.yahoo.com. Retrieved July 22, 2011.
- Andreeva, Nellie (April 18, 2013). "Kris Jenner’s Syndicated Talk Show Gets Premiere Date, Executive Producer". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- "Kris Jenner's show cancelled". NY Post. Retrieved August 28, 2013.