Mogi das Cruzes
|Mogi das Cruzes|
|Nickname(s): Terra do Caqui (Land of Persimmon)|
|• Mayor||Marco Bertaiolli (PSD)|
|• Total||725 km2 (280 sq mi)|
|Elevation||780.00 m (2,559.055 ft)|
|• Density||542.24/km2 (1,404.4/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-3 (UTC-3)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-2 (UTC-2)|
|HDI (2000)||0,801 – high|
|Website||Mogi das Cruzes|
Coordinates: Mogi das Cruzes (Portuguese pronunciation: [moˈʒi] or [muˈʒi ðɐs ˈkɾuzis]) is a municipality in the state of São Paulo, Brazil, located within the metropolitan region of the state capital of the city of São Paulo. As of 2010 it had a population of 387,241 people, and a population density of 533.90 inhabitants per km ². It is located 40 km to the east of the city of São Paulo. It was founded in 1560 by bandeirantes.
- Bruno Cazarine - professional footballer, played at top levels in Brazil, Europe, Middle East, Asia and currently in Australia with Sydney FC.
- Karina Nakahara - Miss Centenário Brasil-Japão (Miss Century Brazil-Japan).
- Maikon Leite - professional footballer, plays for Palmeiras.
- Mauricio de Sousa - cartoonist.
- Neymar - professional footballer, plays for FC Barcelona.
- Grinberg, Isaac (1980). Gaspar Vaz, fundador de Mogi das Cruzes (in Portuguese). s.n. p. 9. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- Official website of Mogi das Cruzes Municipal Government.
- Universidade de Mogi das Cruzes
- Universidade Braz Cubas
||Arujá and Itaquaquecetuba||Santa Isabel||Guararema|
|Suzano, Poá and Ferraz de Vasconcelos||Biritiba-Mirim and Salesópolis|