Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority
|मुंबई महानगर प्रदेश विकास प्राधिकरण|
Official logo of MMRDA
|Formed||26 January 1975|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Maharashtra|
|Headquarters||Bandra-Kurla complex, Mumbai-400051|
|Minister responsible||Devendra Fadnavis, Chief Minister and Minister for Urban Development|
|Agency executive||Urvinder Pal Singh Madan, Metropolitan Commissioner|
Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (Marathi: मुंबई महानगर प्रदेश विकास प्राधिकरण), commonly abbreviated as MMRDA, is a body of the Government of Maharashtra that is responsible for the infrastructure development of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region. MMRDA was set up on 26 January 1975 under the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority Act, 1974 Government of Maharashtra as an apex body for planning and co-ordination of development activities in the Region.
It is also the richest state owned organisations in India. On the similar lines to this, recently Government of Maharashtra has announced to establish PMRDA and NMRDA for Pune and Nasik respectively.
- Mumbai Urban Development Project in collaboration with SN Construction Corp.
- Shifting of Wholesale Markets
- Wadala Truck Terminal
- Mahim Nature Park
- Mumbai Urban Transport Project
- Mumbai Urban Infrastructure Project
- Mumbai Metro Rail Project
- Niramal MMR Abhiyan
- Mumbai Skywalks
- Mumbai Monorail
- "MMRDA - Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority". Mmrdamumbai.org. 1975-01-26. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "MMRDA - Organisation Structure - Authority". Mmrdamumbai.org. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "MMRDA woos global investors for funding - Mumbai - DNA". Dnaindia.com. 2010-02-08. Retrieved 2010-12-23.
- "Real estate no longer the driving force for MMRDA? - Mumbai - DNA". Dnaindia.com. Retrieved 2010-12-23.
|This Maharashtra-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|