Oh Uganda, Land of Beauty
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
National anthem of
|Lyrics||George Wilberforce Kakoma|
|Music||George Wilberforce Kakoma|
"Oh Uganda, Land of Beauty" is the Ugandan national anthem. It was adopted in 1962, with words and music by George Wilberforce Kakoma. The anthem is one of the shortest in the world, and is occasionally performed twice in a row to lengthen it.
- Oh Uganda! may God uphold thee,
- We lay our future in thy hand.
- United, free,
- For liberty
- Together we'll always stand.
- Oh Uganda! the land of freedom.
- Our love and labour we give,
- And with neighbours all
- At our country's call
- In peace and friendship we'll live.
- Oh Uganda! the land that feeds us
- By sun and fertile soil grown.
- For our own dear land,
- We'll always stand,
- The Pearl of Africa's Crown.
- Uganda: Oh Uganda, Land of Beauty - Audio of the national anthem of Uganda, with information and lyrics
- Pearl of Africa MIDI