Oh Uganda, Land of Beauty
National anthem of Uganda
|Lyrics||George Wilberforce Kakoma|
|Music||George Wilberforce Kakoma|
"Oh Uganda, May God uphold thee" is the Ugandan national anthem. It was adopted in 1962, with words and music by George Wilberforce Kakoma. The anthem is one of the shortest in the world, and is occasionally performed twice in a row to lengthen it.
- Oh Uganda! may God uphod thee,
- We lay our future in thy hand.
- United, free,
- For liberty
- Together we'll always stand.
- Oh Uganda! the land of freedom.
- Our love nd labour we give,
- And with neighbours all
- At our country call
- In peace and friendship we'll live.
- Oh Uganda! the land that feeds us
- By sun and ferle soil grown.
- For our own dear land,
- We'll always stand,
- The Pearl of Africa's Crown.
- Uganda: Oh Uganda, Land of Beauty - Audio of the national anthem of Uganda, with information and lyrics
- Pearl of Africa MIDI