|English: Beautiful Rwanda
Public national anthem of Rwanda (public)
||Faustin Murigo, 199?
"Rwanda Nziza" (Kinyarwanda for "Beautiful Rwanda") has been the national anthem of Rwanda since January 1, 2001.
It replaces Rwanda Rwacu, which had been the national anthem since 1962.
The lyrics are as follows:
- Rwanda nziza Gihugu cyacu
- Wuje imisozi, ibiyaga n'ibirunga
- Ngobyi iduhetse gahorane ishya.
- Reka tukurate tukuvuge ibigwi
- Wowe utubumbiye hamwe twese
- Abanyarwanda uko watubyaye
- Berwa, sugira, singizwa iteka.
- Horana Imana, murage mwiza
- Ibyo tugukesha ntibishyikirwa;
- Umuco dusangiye uraturanga
- Ururimi rwacu rukaduhuza
- Ubwenge, umutima,amaboko yacu
- Nibigukungahaze bikwiye
- Nuko utere imbere ubutitsa.
- Abakurambere b'intwari
- Bitanze batizigama
- Baraguhanga uvamo ubukombe
- Utsinda ubukoroni na mpatsibihugu
- Byayogoje Afurika yose
- None uraganje mu bwigenge
- Tubukomeyeho uko turi twese.
- Komeza imihigo Rwanda dukunda
- Duhagurukiye kukwitangira
- Ngo amahoro asabe mu bagutuye
- Wishyire wizane muri byose
- Urangwe n'ishyaka, utere imbere
- Uhamye umubano n'amahanga yose
- Maze ijabo ryawe riguhe ijambo.
- Rwanda, our beautiful and dear country
- Adorned of hills, lakes and volcanoes
- Motherland, would be always filled of happiness
- Us all your children: Abanyarwanda
- Let us sing your glare and proclaim your high facts
- You, maternal bosom of us all
- Would be admired forever, prosperous and cover of praises.
- Invaluable heritage, that God protects to you
- You filled us priceless goods
- Our common culture identifies us
- Our single language unifies us
- That our intelligence, our conscience and our forces
- Fill you with varied riches
- For an unceasingly renewed development.
- Our valorous ancestors
- Gave themselves bodies and souls
- As far as making you a big nation
- You overcame the colonial-imperialistic yoke
- That has devastated Africa entirely
- And has your joy of your sovereign independence
- Acquired that constantly we will defend.
- Maintain this cape, beloved Rwanda,
- Standing, we commit for you
- So that peace reigns countrywide
- That you are free of all hindrance
- That your determination hires progress
- That you have excellent relations with all countries
- And that finally your pride is worth your esteem.
Notes and references