||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2012)|
|Founded||South San Francisco, California (1991)|
|Headquarters||Phoenix, Arizona, US|
|Number of locations||34 facilities (2011)
1,200 drop boxes (2012)
|Key people||Robert E. Humphrey (President)
(Senior VP of Sales and Operations)
(VP of Marketing and Public Relations)
(VP of Operations)
(VP of Information Technology)
(VP of Quality Assurance)
(VP of Human Resources)
(Chief Financial Officer)
(Chief Administrative Officer)
|Services||Regional parcel carrier
Courier express services
|Divisions||OnTrac (Overnight Division)
Express Messenger International
OnTrac is a regional parcel carrier that serves the eight largest states in the Western U.S. OnTrac was founded as a small package delivery company in California in 1991 and has expanded to serve seven additional states: Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Colorado and Idaho. A majority of their initial customers were document shippers such as law firms, financial institutions and architects that needed overnight delivery in California that could not be cost-effectively delivered with the national carriers. Over the years, OnTrac has expanded their business offerings to include large volume parcel distributors and Internet retailers. Their current service area serves nearly 60 million consumers, or almost 20% of the United States population. OnTrac is a privately held company.
OnTrac owns and operates three divisions of delivery and courier services.
The Overnight Division of OnTrac operates in the eight largest states in the Western U.S.: California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Colorado and Idaho. The Overnight division of OnTrac provides priority, express, and ground parcel deliveries.
- OnTrac Ground Service launched on August 1, 2011, and offers next-day and two-day ground shipping to its customers. This service is guaranteed by the end of the day. Despite the guarantee, the company frequently fails to deliver on time and has a very poor customer satisfaction rating by rating sites such as Yelp.com.
- Sunrise Service is offered by OnTrac, which guarantees 10:30 am next business day delivery, and 2:00 pm Saturday delivery to many areas.
- t-effective internatio
In February 2008, California Overnight changed its name to OnTrac to accommodate the expanding delivery footprint of the company. Since its beginning, the company has realized significant growth, largely due to the growth of the online retailer industry. The demand for a lower-cost delivery service with a level of professionalism has increased the growth of several other regional parcel delivery companies that include: Spee-Dee Delivery Service, Eastern Connection, and Lone Star Overnight.
Addition of Colorado
On September 1, 2011, OnTrac added the major metropolitan areas of Colorado to its Overnight Division’s service area. This grew the Overnight Division to seven states, and adds 3,641,453 people to its service area.
Multi-Carrier Shipping Software Providers
OnTrac partners with many multi-carrier software providers including: Pitney Bowes, Kewill, CMS GlobalSoft, Digital Shipper, Malvern Systems. ADSI, Agile Network, Descartes, Enroute Systems Corporation, Logicor, MEI Distribution, Pro Ship, Process Weaver, V-Technologies, and Varsity Logistics.
SmartWay Transport Partnership
-  Post And Parcel | OnTrac Expands in Western USA
-  PARCEL Magazine | Low Cost Options for Residential Shippers
-  OnTrac | Service Area
-  U.S. Census Bureau | United States Population
-  OnTrac | Fee Comparison
-  Reuters | OnTrac Ground Press Release
-  OnTrac | Shipping Services
-  Reuters | California Overnight is Now OnTrac
-  OnTrac | Colorado Service Area
-  U.S Census Bureau | Total Population in Colorado
-  Internet Retailer | OnTrac Selects Kewill as Compliance Partner
-  CMS GlobalSoft | CMS GlobalSoft Now Offers Support for OnTrac
-  PARCEL Magazine | Stamps.com Announces New Integration With DigitalShipper Software
-  Malvern Systems | 3 Ways a Regional Carrier can Improve your Shipping Process
-  OnTrac | Multi-Ship Software Integrators
- "OnTrac Joins U.S. EPA SmartWay® Transport Partnership". PR Newswire. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- OnTrac Blog
- Company Profile on LinkedIn
- DC Velocity | The Little Guys Get Their Day in the Sun
- Internet Retailer | Wag.com Marks Its Territory