||This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (November 2012)
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)
A Serbophile is a person who has a strong positive predisposition or interest toward the government, culture, history, or people of Serbia. This could include Serbia itself and its history, the Serbian language, Serbian cuisine, literature, etc. The opposite of a Serbophile is a Serbophobe – who has a strong negative predisposition toward or dislike of the government, culture, history or people of Serbia.
Historically, Serbophilia has been associated with supporters of the history of Serbian Empire and Serbian Monarchy.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe — famous German writer, poet, scientist, artist and politician.
- Jacob Grimm — German philologist, jurist and mythologist.
- Archibald Reiss — Swiss publicist, chemist, forensic scientist, a professor at the University of Lausanne.
- Rebecca West — English author, journalist, literary critic and travel writer.
- Max Cavalera — Brazilian musician, vocalist and guitarist of bands Sepultura, Nailbomb, Soulfly and Cavalera Conspiracy
- Flora Sandes — British volunteer in World War I.
- Chris Webber — Former NBA basketball player with the Sacramento Kings.
- Robert De Niro — American actor and director.
- Johnny Depp — American actor.
- Peter Handke — Austrian novelist and playwright.
- J.R.R Tolkein — Author of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Orson Welles — American actor, director, writer and producer.
- Vincent Price — American actor.
- Charles Cather — American journalist and travel writer.
"The Chain of Friendship", a comic published in the American newspaper the Brooklyn Eagle in July 1914
- Sells, David (1997). Serb 'Demons' Strike Back (Royal Institute of International Affairs) Vol. 53, No. 2