|Part of a series on|
"Socialist Party" is the name of several different political parties around the world. All of these parties claim to uphold some form of socialism, though they may have very different interpretations of what "socialism" means. Statistically, most of these parties advocate either democratic socialism, social democracy, or even Third Way as their ideological position. Many Socialist Parties have explicit connections to the labour movement and trade unions. See also Socialist International, list of democratic socialist parties and organizations and list of social democratic parties. A number of affiliates of the Trotskyist Committee for a Workers' International also use the name Socialist Party.
This list only includes parties that use the exact name "Socialist Party" for themselves, sometimes alongside the name of the country in which they operate. The list does not include political parties that use the word "Socialist" in addition to one or more other political adjectives in their names. For example, the numerous parties using the name "Socialist Workers' Party" are not included.
- This list is incomplete. If you know a Socialist Party that is not listed, you are encouraged to add it.
These are parties which no longer exist or have changed their name from "Socialist Party":
- Communist party
- Democratic Socialist Party (disambiguation)
- List of Labour Parties
- List of political parties
- List of social democratic parties
- Social Democratic Party (disambiguation)
- Socialist Equality Party (United States)
- Socialist International
- Socialist Labor Party (disambiguation)
- Socialist People's Party (disambiguation)
- Socialist Workers Party (disambiguation)