St. John's Regional Seminary
|St. John's Regional Seminary|
|Latin: REGIO SEMINARIUM SANCTUS IOHANNES|
|President||Bishop G. Bali, (Chairperson)|
|Rector||Rev. G. Jayaraju|
|Location||Ramanthapur, Hyderabad 500 013, Andhra Pradesh. Telephone: 91 040 2720 1427, 2720 0370, India
|Data as of October 2008|
St. John's Regional Seminary was founded in 1965 in Ramanthapur, Hyderabad, to train priests for the Catholic Church in Andhra Pradesh. In 1987, the seminary was divided into two. The theologiate was retained in Hyderabad while the philosophate (St. John's Regional Seminary (Philosophate)) was moved to Kothavalasa in the northern circars of Andhra Pradesh.
Board of Governors
- Archdiocese of Hyderabad - Archbishop M. Joji
- Archdiocese of Visakhapatnam - Archbishop K. Mariadas
- Diocese of Srikakulam - Bishop A. Innayya
- Diocese of Eluru - Incharge Bishop, Bishop M. Prakash
- Diocese of Vijayawada - Bishop M. Prakash
- Diocese of Guntur - Bishop G. Bali
- Diocese of Nellore - Bishop D. M. Prakasam
- Diocese of Kadapa - Bishop G. Prasad
- Diocese of Kurnool - Bishop P. Anthony
- Diocese of Nalgonda - Bishop G. Joji
- Diocese of Warangal - Bishop T. Bala
- Diocese of Khammam - Bishop M. Paul
The seminary follows a semester system. Admission is for Catholic pupils who are eligible to pursue priestly studies and from any of the ten Catholic dioceses and two archdioceses in Andhra Pradesh.
Other University-affiliated seminaries in Telangana region
- Andhra Christian Theological College, Hyderabad
- Mennonite Brethren Centenary Bible College, Shamshabad www.mbcbcshamshabad.org
- Handbook and Calendar 2008-2009, St. John's Regional Seminary, Ramanthapur, Hyderabad 500 013.
- The Roman Curia. Internet, accessed 25 September 2008
- Carlo Torriani, History of the PIME IN Andhra Pradesh, PIME Publications, Eluru. 
- J. N. M. Wijngaards, Life and Work. Internet, accessed 24 September 2008. 
- Handbook and Calendar 2008 -2009, p. 5
- Ref. Board of Governors above.