|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Don Iveson|
|• Total||0.92 km2 (0.36 sq mi)|
|Elevation||674 m (2,211 ft)|
|• Density||2,029.3/km2 (5,256/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||-13.8%|
The neighbourhood is bounded on the west by 111 Street, on the east by Calgary Trail, on the north by 34 Avenue. The boundary on the south is a utility corridor located just north of 29 Avenue.
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Steinhauer had a population of  a -13.8% change from its 2009 population of 2,167. With a land area of 0.92 km2 (0.36 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,029.3 people/km2 in 2012.1,867 living in 788 dwellings,
Development of the neighbourhood began after 1970. According to the 2001 federal census, approximately nine out of every ten (87.9%) residences were constructed during the 1970s. Most of the remainder (8.3%) were constructed during the 1980s. Residential development was complete by 1990.
The most common type of residence in the neighbourhood, according to the 2005 municipal census, is the single-family dwelling. These account for almost three out of every four (73%) of all the residences in the neighbourhood. Almost all of the remaining residences (26%) are row houses. There is a duplex in the neighbourhood. Nine out of ten (89%) of all residences are owner-occupied with only one residence in ten (11%) being rented.
Schools and services
There is a single school in the neighbourhood, Steinhauer Elementary School, operated by the Edmonton Public School System.
||Greenfield (Petrolia)||Duggan||Strathcona Industrial Park|
|Sweet Grass||Parsons Industrial|
|Blue Quill||Ermineskin||Parsons Industrial|
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2011. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- From the neighbourhood description in the City of Edmonton Map Utility.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.