||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)|
|Born||Michael Paul Sorrentino
July 4, 1982
New York, New York, U.S.
|Other names||The Situation, Sitch|
|Occupation||Television personality, model|
Michael Paul Sorrentino (born July 4, 1982), known by his nickname The Situation or Sitch, is an American television personality. He has appeared on the MTV reality show Jersey Shore all six seasons from its premiere in December 2009 through its final episode in December 2012.
Sorrentino was born in New York City and has been a cast member on Jersey Shore since its debut in 2009. Since appearing on that show, Sorrentino has been a guest on many TV series, such as The Howard Stern Show, The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien, The Jay Leno Show, Lopez Tonight, SportsNation, Chelsea Lately, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and Conan.
In January 2011, Sorrentino signed on to star in the YOBI.tv "Random Talent" webseries co-starring British comedian Ben Green. The name of the series was later changed to New Stage after the theme song title of the same name, written and performed by another New Stage costar Mykell.
Sorrentino made more than $5 million in 2010, the second highest of any other reality star after Kim Kardashian. This money was accrued through endorsements with Devotion Vodka, Reebok Zigtech shoes, as well as a ghost-written autobiography, a rap song, a workout DVD, a vitamin line for GNC, a clothing line, and appearances including Jersey Shore and Dancing with the Stars. His book release was described as a failure, selling an estimated 12,000 copies as of January 2011.
In March 2011 Sorrentino appeared on the Comedy Central Roast of Donald Trump, where fellow participant Lisa Lampanelli reported that he was widely booed by the audience. In August of that year, Sorrentino was offered a "substantial" sum of money by fashion retailer Abercrombie & Fitch not to wear the company's clothes. A spokesman for the company explained that "Mr Sorrentino's association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image." In November 2011, Sorrentino filed a lawsuit against A&F after they made shirts that read "The Fitchuation" and "GTL...You Know The Deal."
On February 22, 2012, Sorrentino appeared in a small cameo role on ABC's Suburgatory. In June 2012, he participated in Fox's dating game show The Choice. On August 15, 2012 he became a housemate on the tenth series of Celebrity Big Brother (UK) on Channel 5 and on 7 September 2012 he came in fourth on the series final.
Sorrentino was born in West New Brighton, Staten Island, New York, and grew up in Manalapan Township, New Jersey. Sorrentino attended Manalapan-Englishtown Middle School and Manalapan High School, where he graduated in 2000.
He has two older brothers, Frank and Marc, and a younger sister named Melissa. Marc also serves as The Situation's manager and partner in MPS Entertainment.
On March 21, 2012, Sorrentino confirmed that he had checked himself into rehab "to get control of a prescription medication problem." He checked out of the Cirque Lodge treatment center in Utah on April 4, 2012.
|2010||Jimmy Kimmel Live!||Edward Cullen|
|2011||New Stage||Angel Adonis|
|2012||The Three Stooges||Himself|
- "Michael Sorrentno Official Facebook".
- "Michael Sorrentino IMDB Page".
- Itzkoff, Dave (2010-08-31). "Comedy and Politics Mix in New ‘dancing’ Lineup". The New York Times.
- "Bristol Palin and The Situation Bring Us the World's Most Awkward PSA". Bitch Magazine. November 17, 2010. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- "Stars turn out in force for Bill Clinton's Birthday Bash; 'The Situation' Rakes in the Dough; Jay Leno Lends a Hand to the Gulf Coast". Kansas City Star. 2010-08-23.[dead link]
- "Dallas Chef Cut from 'Top Chef'; Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino Rakes in the Dough". The Dallas Morning News. September 3, 2010.
- "Jersey Shore star The Situation set to bring his famous abs to Dancing with the Stars". London: Daily Mail (U.K.). 2010-08-25.
- "Can this new protein-infused vodka help with bodybuilding? Ask The Situation". Toronto Life. 2010-08-31.
- "The Situation? Ha! Call him the Corporation". MSNBC. 2010-08-23.
- Venutolo, Anthony (August 6, 2010). "'The Situation' releases rap tune". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- "Abs-fab! The Situation releases a workout DVD (that's if you REALLY want to look like him)". London: Daily Mail (U.K.). 2010-08-13.
- "Cast Announced for 'Dancing With the Stars'". Salt Lake City Tribune. 2010-08-30.
- "Here's The Situation: You can Soon Dress Like Him". MSNBC. August 10, 2010.
- "The 'Jersey Shore' Side Show: Money-Making Schemes Galore". ABC News. 2010-08-20.
- Friedman, Megan. "Shocker: Snooki Book Not A Shore Thing in Sales". Time magazine, January 29, 2011
- "Show Tracker". Los Angeles Times.
- Sweney, Mark (2011-08-17). "Jersey Shore's The Situation offered cash not to wear Abercrombie & Fitch". The Guardian (London). Retrieved August 17, 2011.
- Holmes, Elizabeth (August 16, 2011). "Abercrombie and Fitch Offers to Pay ‘The Situation' To Stop Wearing Its Clothes". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Mike 'The Situation' sues Abercrombie & Fitch over clothing dispute, report says". The Star-Ledger (Newark, NJ). November 16, 2011. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- Hibberd, James (May 8, 2012). "Fox's 'The Choice' cast revealed! Joe Jonas, Dean Cain, The Situation, many more -- EXCLUSIVE". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved April 11, 2013.
- Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino joins Celebrity Big Brother 2012 Starcasm.net
- The Situation comes in fourth in the CBB final (in hindsight, we might even miss him a bit) Rachael Wheeler, Daily Mirror, September 7, 2012
- "Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino in PETA Ad: 'Too Much Pu***y Can be A Bad Thing,'" HuffingtonPost.com, 15 October 2012.
- "PHOTOS The Jersey Shore’s Mike Sorrentino ‘The Situation’ Myspace and high school yearbook pictures". Starcasm.
- "Jersey Shore's The Situation Before He Hit It Big". Radar Online.
- Kara, Scott (September 2, 2010). "A Quick Word: Mike Sorrentino". The New Zealand Herald.
- "'The Situation' blames exhaustion for drug problem". CNN. March 21, 2012. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- Everett, Cristina (April 5, 2012). "The Situation checks out of rehab". Daily News (New York).