Union Hockey Centre (유니온 아이스하키 경기장) is a future temporary indoor ice arena which will be built for the 2018 Winter Olympics. It is located in the coastal city of Gangneung. It will be the one of the two venues for ice hockey and will be the venue for the hockey finals.
The seating capacity is 10,000.
The cost of construction for the Olympics is 73 million USD . Construction should start in September 2013 and be completed in September 2016. After the Olympics the facility will be disassembled and reinstalled in Wonju.
Coordinates: 37°46′38″N 128°54′01″E / 37.7773528°N 128.900336°E
NOTE: During the Olympic Games, venues that have naming rights sold may not use their name during the Olympic Games.
- 1920: Palais de Glace d'Anvers
- 1924: Stade Olympique de Chamonix
- 1928: St. Moritz Olympic Ice Rink
- 1932: Olympic Arena (final), Olympic Stadium
- 1936: Olympia-Kunsteisstadion (final), Riessersee
- 1948: Kulm, Olympic Stadium (final), Suvretta
- 1952: Dæhlenenga, Jordal Amfi (final), Kadettangen, Lillestrøm stadion, Marienlyst stadion
- 1956: Apollonino Stadium, Lo Stadio del ghiaccio
- 1960: Blyth Arena (final), Squaw Valley Olympic Skating Rink
- 1964: Messehalle, Olympiahalle
- 1968: La Patinoire Municipale, Le Stade de Glace
- 1972: Makomanai Ice Arena (final), Tsukisamu Indoor Skating Rink
- 1976: Messehalle, Olympiahalle (final)
- 1980: Olympic Center
- 1984: Skenderija II Hall, Zetra Ice Hall (final)
- 1988: Father David Bauer Olympic Arena, Olympic Saddledome (final), Stampede Corral
- 1992: Méribel Ice Palace
- 1994: Gjøvik Olympic Cavern Hall, Håkon Hall (final)
- 1998: Aqua Wing, Big Hat (final)
- 2002: E Center (final), Peaks Ice Arena
- 2006: Palasport Olimpico (final), Torino Esposizioni
- 2010: Rogers Arena (final), UBC Thunderbird Arena
- 2014: Bolshoy Ice Dome (final), Shayba Arena
- 2018: Union Hockey Centre (final), Kwandong University Arena