Uppal, Pedda Uppal, Oopal, Upal
Uppal Cricket stadium
|Elevation||455 m (1,493 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 040|
Uppal Kalan is a municipality in Ranga Reddy district in the Indian states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. It is located in the GHMC area. The Uppal Municipality consists of Uppal, Ramanthapur and Habsiguda villages. It is located east of Hyderabad city on National Highway 202 (India) to Warangal and Northern bank of River Musi. This area is a chosen location for real estate investors.uppal is well connected to Ghatkesar.
As of 2001[update] India census, Uppal Kalan had a population of 118,259. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Uppal Kalan has an average literacy rate of 73%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 80%, and female literacy is 66%. In Uppal Kalan, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
In 1991, it had a population of 78,644. The recorded growth rate of this area in 10 years (1991–2001) was about 56 percent.
Places of interest
- The Hyderabad Public School, Ramanthapur
- Little Flower Junior and degree College
- Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium (formerly Visaka International Stadium)
- National Geophysical Research Institute
- NIN(National institute of Nutrition)
- NMDC(National Mineral Development Corporation)
Uppal Constituency is New Constituency. It is formed after Delimitation. 2009 Election is first election in this constituency.
- Assembly Election Results in 2009 - Bandari Raji Reddy Won with 37.70 votes %
- Assembly Election Results in 2014 - NVSS PRABHAKAR BJP&tdp ALLIANCE Won with 14000+ votes MAJORITY
it has the RTO for eastern sub-urbs of Hyderabad in Rangareddy district.Code:TS-008
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.